The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Vdara Hotel & Spa(Las Vegas)
US$133
US$129
Vdara.com
  • Restaurant
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$124
Caesars Palace(Las Vegas)
US$240
US$129
  • Pool
Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$85
Planet Hollywood
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$170
MGMGrand.com
US$156
US$135
Palazzo.com
  • Pool
Luxor Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$99
  • Restaurant
Bellagio Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$163
US$152
Bellagio.com
  • Restaurant
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$55
  • Pool
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$199
VEGAS.com
6,170 results
All reviewsbowling alleyprime rib loftcourtyard cafeoff the stripfrench market buffetfree shuttlemovie theaterbig al's oyster barthe gold coastfood courtvideo pokerpoker roomrooms are largesitting areashuttle servicecoupon bookcoffee table
Reviewed 24 April 2007

Our room was spotless! It was much larger than a regular room almost a mini suite! Not even dirt behind the nightstand. You not only get the usual shampoo conditioner and lotion you also get a welcome bag with a razor, aftershave deoderant and gum!
Plus you get a great coupon book for lots of free stuff and discounts. The hotel is not on the strip but they do have a shuttle service that will drop you off on Las Vegas BLVD. Even the casino is spotless. The staff is very freindly and helpful from check in to the restaurant and the housekeepers! I would recomend this to anyone who wants to go to Vegas and get the same if not better room and service for 1/2 the price of those on the strip.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank mdelam
Reviewed 24 April 2007

I read all the reviews on this hotel before going, and it lived up to my expectation. Its not an expensive flashy place, but really cheap and value for money. The rooms very lovely and big, nice comfy beds clean bathroom good air con. The casino was airy and un smelling of cigarettes which was great. Pool was nice, all in all a great place to stay for little money. Going back again this year

3  Thank Davylynne
Reviewed 21 April 2007

We were going for a convention - and because we were visiting friends too, I knew we needed a car. So being off The Strip was ok.
Prices on "The Strip" that week were extremely high - gouging the conventioneers. A friend had recommended The Orleans and we were not disappointed.
It was clean & comfortable - the rooms were bigger than your average standard size room - with a sofa and chair in a side sitting area. The bath was average size. TV no big deal.
The staff was friendly and helpful. Valet parking was quick & convenient - and free!
We especially liked the large variety restaurants, cafes & quick food - with a range of prices - all quite reasonable.
We aren't gamblers, so the casino wasn't of interested. A good size, but not as over-the-top as on The Strip.
Saved about $500 on package price staying at The Orleans versus on The Strip. Would definitely stay there again.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Mike_TV_Producer
Reviewed 20 April 2007

Great place to stay

Date: Stayed the 2nd week of April 2007 (2 nights)

Hotel: located about 1 to 2 miles from strrip. Theme: New Orleans. Mid-size Casino, with movie theater and a large bowling alley.

Shuttle – they have a free shuttle that takes you to the strip or their sister property the Gold Coast Casino. I took this many times to the strip the Gold Coast. At the Gold Coast you can walk (a mean a short walk) to both the Palm and Rio.

Check-in – check in was smooth. We checked-in at 12 noon and our room was ready. I asked for a strip view which was granted. Upon check-in we received 2 fun books which we used about 4 of the coupons. Example: free souvenir at gift shop (Mardi Gras beads), free fries and soda with purchase of hamburger at Terrible’s inside casino. Great burgers. Also used the free drink a bar coupons.

Room – The room was very nice. 2 queen beds, large dresser, full length mirror, desk, couch, side chair and coffee table. (Regular standard room) Room was very clean. We had a view of the strip. The strip is in the distance, but you could see the strip from Bellagio to Mandalay Bay, beautiful at night. There is actually a window in the bathroom over the tub. Nice to get fresh air in the room. Luckily it was cool in the mornings and we wanted to open the window for fresh air, instead of the hot Vegas weather. Housekeeping was very good and the hotel staff were very friendly.

Coffe Maker – you actually have a coffee maker in your room, which is rare in Vegas. But, they do have a $5.00 resort fee per day which includes all the coffee you can drink.

Security – You must show your room key to access elevators to your room. I liked this.

Food – the best. I ate at the lunch buffet twice, it was only $8.95. My husband must of ate 6 plates of crawfish. Terrible’s hamburger were also very good.

Liquor store – the prices are no higher than your local liquor store and about half of what they charge on the strip.

After always staying on the strip, it was nice to stay in a hotel that had reasonably priced food, etc.

Slots – I finally won a few dollars here. I never bet big, but put in 20 cents, and hit the bonus round on some corny slot machine. The bonus round paid me $77.00. The next day I wasted $5.00 trying for another bonus round, but no luck, so I walked away.

I enjoyed my stay, but if you are a first timer and can afford it, I would stay on the strip my first visit. I have no complaints and would stay at the Orleans again. If you want a clean and affordable place to stay I would recommend the Orleans.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank myinfo
Reviewed 20 April 2007

After travelling what seemed like forever to reach Vegas from Melbourne, Australia, we checked in to The Orleans without any bother at all.

Bell service bought the bags to our room when we were ready for them - excellent, and very polite.

We initially had a problem with our shower, and got it sorted. Yes, it took a little time, but we checked in Sunday afternoon, so I can understand the delay. Solved the issue by requesting (and receiving without any questions) a new room.

Room was spotless, and spacious. Bathroom was divine. Shower recess included a window so you could still enjoy the view from the marble tiled enclosure whilst you washed away the dust of a day on the strip.

Didn't use room service - there were far too many restaurants both within the casino itself, and on the strip, to warrant it.

Check out was amazingly easy.

Staff were always courteous and friendly - couldn't ask for more really.

There is a free shuttle that takes you to the Barbary Coast - two minutes walk around the corner from the end of the strip (Paris end), so getting in and out of the Strip was simple.

Would definitely stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank vxssgurl