“Love the Aria!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Otsego, Minnesota
“Love the Aria!”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I have stayed at several places on the strip and I have enjoyed them all but I LOVE staying at the Aria. It's new, it's beautiful and contemporary, and the rooms are great- not huge, but not tiny either. This was my 2nd stay at the Aria and I was just as impressed with this stay as I was with my 1st stay. This last trip, I stayed in a regular room with 2 queen beds, a nice desk, tv, and GREAT mini bar! The bathrooms are gorgeous- seperate toilet, two sinks, and a nice rainfall shower head! But I'd have to say the best part about the rooms are how comfortable the beds are! Also the casino is very nice, the drink service is quick- and they put fresh orange slices in the screwdrivers (not bad for free drinks while you play slots). Overall, great service, plenty of food selections, beautiful accommodations, and a great location. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ashley A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,327)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Indiana
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Ok, we paid extra for a corner suite. Not worth the extra dough because we really were not in the room that much. Plus, corner suites are VERY far from the elevator. Not so fun w luggage, sore feet, drunken friends,etc. Also, the one we had was on the third floor. The "view" was of the aria express monorail. Plus the cosmopolitan night club was righ across from us and the booming bass was audible and annoying during the weekend. I realize it's Vegas, but when u want to sleep u want to sleep! But, the number one reason we won't be back is...our cell phones never worked in the rooms. We had four couples, different models of phones, different carriers, no one's worked in their rooms. Working on the casino floor was hit or miss. We had to go outside to call or text anyone! That was ridiculous and annoying!! I'm sure it has to do with aria being surrounded by other hotels, and it was a heavy traffic weekend, but still unacceptable. I think we are headed to the Wynn next time. Oh, the Aria Spa is fabulous ! Get a whole body polish!!

• Stayed March 2012
5 Thank courtneymccollum
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We stayed at the Aria for a short three night trip. We were Vegas virgins and picked the Aria based on the ratings on TA. Upon arrival at the resort we headed to check-in. The process took entirely too long in my opinion. Maybe it was just a busy weekend and it was first thing in the morning, but seriously we only had two people in front of us and it took like a half hour just to get to the front. After we had checked in we used the map they gave us to find our way to our rooms on the ninth floor. I will say one really nice thing about the Aria is how it is so unlike the other casinos. Navigating is so much easier. They have great signage and everything is in a straight line (for the most part). Getting to the room can be quite the walk though once you are upstairs.

The room was beautiful. However, the greeting did not work for us. Apparently when you walk into your room for the first time the TV is supposed to turn on to the room controls, the curtains are supposed to open and lights turn on etc. Nada for us. Kinda disappointed, but not a huge deal. We had a few issues with the room. The first night I went to have a shower and we had no bars of soap. Tried using the shower gel and didn't like it. Barely made a lather. I left a note for housekeeping the next morning asking for soap, which they did leave for us. The next night the TV system was broken. We tried watching TV and it would keep going to a white screen and then back to the room controls. It was so annoying. Then the last night our curtains closed and that opened them on the other end a bit. I would say that the system while really neat has too many kinks that need to be worked out. Like when I press a button to close the blinds why does it turn the lights off on my wife who is in the bathroom.

The great things about the ARIA are the staff, the bakery, and the beds. The staff are very courteous and poilte. We talked to everyone from restaurant staff to housekeepers, to front of house and pit bosses. The best of them though are the bell staff. When we checked out we gave our bags to the bell services to store for us. The guy (don't remember his name) asked us how we were getting to the airport. We told him we were cabbing it and he told us how we could skip the taxi line. He was a huge help.

The bakery was delicious. We had crepes for breakfast one day YUMMY! And the last day there we had gelato which was equally as delicious.

The absolute best thing about this resort are the beds. We came home wanting to find out what kind of beds they use. The pillow top mattress was super soft (which we loved) and the pillows they used were great. It was like sleeping on a cloud. The only thing I didn't care for was the duvet cover. The opening for it seemed to be right where my feet were and a couple times i got all tangled in it.

All in all our stay was great, but it was filled with little hiccups here and there. We would stay again though.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mjw716
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 15 March 2012

My husband and I spent our honeymoon here. We came for our honeymoon and 311 day. We had an amazing time. It was beautiful. we received an upgrade to a corner suite since it was our honeymoon. Later that night we received chocolate covered strawberries and a note from the executive saying congratulations. We had an amazing time. The room was amazing. The staff was very pleasant and the room was very clean. Would stay there again. Thanks Aria for an amazing honeymoon.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jamie F
Minnesota
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I stayed at the Aria March 1st through March 4th. It was a girls' weekend celebrating two upcoming weddings, so we treated ourselves and stayed in corner suite rooms at the Aria. Here are a few of my thoughts on our stay:

Corner Suites -

The configuration of the rooms differed, and two were great (on the 300 wing and on the 000 wing), but one was only so-so (the 200 wing). The configuration in room 15246 was awful - lots of useless space, and the closet was in the bathroom and not in the bedroom. A real pain. Like many people note, the walk to the room can be quite far, and this is definitely true for the corner suite. However, the walk to the room on the 300 wing was significantly shorter - if getting a corner suite, I would request one on the 300 wing. The great thing for us was that the corner suite does include a refrigerator, which was nice for keeping water / pop cold. (Note - there are not any pop machines on the hotel floors!) My room (#22042) had a 'premium' view, and I think the mountain view is just as nice - it is definitely not worth paying more to 'upgrade' from mountain view.

Staff -

The staff was all great - very friendly throughout my stay - from check-in to check-out, they were excellent.

Housekeeping / Turndown service -

All of the rooms were in good condition when we checked in, although the mini-bar in my room had not been restocked by the time I checked in, and I was worried about being charged for a previous guest's snacks, but there was no issue whatsoever when I spoke to the gentleman who was restocking the minibar. The bathroom toiletries were great - they had a full kit of all you might need - including toothpaste and a shaving kit. (I'm not sure if this is only in the corner suite or not). The shampoo / conditioner / lotion was okay, but not great - not as high quality as I previously received at the Venetian, for example. The turndown service was hit or miss - we didn't get it every night.

Food / Coffee -

As many people have noted, there are limited cheap food options at the Aria. Like many resorts in Vegas, there aren't any coffee machines in the room, so you have to buy coffee in the morning. As I discovered on my first morning, the coffee shops at the Aria don't open until after 6:00 a.m., which is late for those who are jet-lagged and looking for coffee. I did find an open Starbucks at the Monte Carlo at 6:00 a.m. (in the food court, not in the mall - that one didn't open until later). The Jean Philippe Patisserie also had coffee once it opened - and is immediately adjacent to the guest elevators. The lines were always quite long, but you can get coffee at the store registers without much of a line. I was very unimpressed with the Patisserie - I had the worst almond croissant I've ever had there. We had some nice paninis at Sweet Chill - kind of expensive ($12), but very tasty. We also had a great breakfast at the buffet on Friday. The buffet is a good deal for weekday breakfast, but expensive for weekend brunch. We also ate at the Todd English PUB, which was good, but expensive, pub food. They do have a happy hour from 3:00-6:00, which would make the prices much more reasonable. For cheap eats, the best advice is to walk over to the Monte Carlo's food court, which is only about a five-minute walk away.

Parking / Driving -

The self-parking was very easy and we always managed to find a good parking space. Park on level 2 rather than level 1 and you won't have to take an elevator to access the casino.

Check-in / Check-out

There was sufficient staff working the counters when we checked in, as well as a manager-type person helping people. We managed to get our room a little early on Thursday (roughly 2:00 p.m.) and quite early on Friday (roughly noon). For an extra fee $112, we got a late check-out on Sunday, which was definitely worth it since we had the red-eye flight back to Minnesota.

Pool -

One pool was open for most of our visit along with the hot-tub. The pool area was very nice and not too busy because it wasn't super-warm yet. The staff at the pool were friendly and attentive. The pool area was really nicely landscaped and gave a nice view of the property. I was quite impressed with it.

Location / Access to Strip -

The Aria is back from the Strip, so it is a walk to get out to the real hustle and bustle, but it's not that far. It's a fairly easy walk from the Aria to Monte Carlo / NYNY to the south and to the Bellagio to the north. You can also take the tram to Bellagio / Monte Carlo, but by the time you've walked to the station within the Bellagio, you might as well walk the whole way! If you have any mobility concerns, this may not be the resort for you - there definitely is a lot of walking (but that's true of most places in Vegas!)

Bed-

I had heard all of the great things about the Aria bed. I thought it was okay, but not great - not firm enough for my liking. I also found it very hot to sleep on - I can't imagine what it would be like during the summer!

Electronic Rooms

I had read all about the fancy electronic controls for the Aria rooms. They're kind of fun, but not that big a deal. The panel next to the bed was kind of annoying because the screen was so bright, it had to be covered in order to get dark enough for sleep. The room descriptions claimed that you could attach an .mp3 player to the tv and play music, but we were unable to get the system to work in any of the rooms. If you want to play music, you may want to bring your own docking station.

Casino -

The casino is very dark, and quite quiet. The beverage service was hit or miss - depends on luck apparently. There is a good selection of machines, but they seemed quite tight. The table games all appeared rather sedate - this doesn't seem like a casino for a rollicking good time - more like one for sedate and elegant gambling!

Overall thoughts -

The Aria is a nice modern resort with a lot of (expensive) amenities. I'm glad to have stayed here, but I doubt I'd revisit. I far prefer the more luxurious feel of other resorts like the Venetian or the Wynn. It is very modern, which is just not really my taste - in some ways it felt very much like a larger version of a W hotel that you'd find in any big city. Not the easiest place to stay if you want to casino hop, but is a good location if you want to basically stay put within the City Center complex.

Room Tip: The corner suite on the '200' wing (i.e. room 15246), is not a good configuration - lots of...