“Monaco suite didn't disappoint”

Monte Carlo Resort & Casino
Ranked #117 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We arrived at the hotel on Sunday evening of the Memorial day holiday weekend. At first glance the lobby/registration area looked like mass chaos but in turned out not to be a problem. There was a huge group that took up a great deal of the lobby but they weren't in the check in line. Our check in was fairly quick and the hotel clerk was super friendly and welcoming. Our room was very nice, large, clean, jetted tub, a separate half bath, a comfy sofa, coffee maker & a fridge. Excellent. We usually stay downtown but couldn't turn down the rate that we got for the MC suite. The only down side to the trip was the mandatory resort fee which I find so irritating. I think they should just raise the rates and dump the fee; it would be more honest.
Overall we had a really good stay at the Monte Carlo. The hotel is a pretty easy walk to a lot of other casinos and there are plenty of dining options in the area. The CVS is next door if you want to pick up a few snacks and they also sell liquor.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kmbkat

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Stayed here in march for buisness, Can't say it was very special, but it was clean, and very large. All food was done in at meetings and was very good. I was there mid week, so there was not a whole lot of action going on. I did notice a few bumbs sleeping at the slots closest to the strip. Not sure why security didn;t take care of this.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank slotaddict
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Let me start by saying that I did not really like Las Vegas. So if you're someone who enjoys that sort of fake entertainment, you might also enjoy the Montecarlo. But then again, maybe not, since in that case you'd probably prefer somewhere with a bit more flare (or tack)

What I really hated about this hotel was just how impersonal it was. Check-in was just as welcoming as an airport check-in. The hotel and rooms were very standard run of the mill affairs. Spacious rooms, but bland. Cold air would also blow through the shower head when you switch on the water, making showering a very chilly and uncomfortable affair. And hotels which still charge for internet access deserve bad reviews in this day and age!! I guess for the price paid, the hotel gets the job done. But it does so without any charm or warmth. The one plus point: it's right on the strip.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gabby79
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We checked in at the Monte Carlo... wonderful, I must say. Our room could have been a bit newer in my opinion, but everything worked and was clean. We had good sleep too.

Just one thing you can please change: Put some ceramic mugs in your rooms... the styrofoam cups don't really fit in your wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Eat breakfast at the "Café"!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AHeigold
Reviewed 3 June 2012

First impressions, has the appearance of a well-appointed hotel but... yes there is a but. Overall the hotel is dated and this is most obvious in their standard room (aka: deluxe). Room didn't have a mini-fridge. Check-in was slow but it was busy (Memorial Weekend). They could have added additional staff to compensate for the increase in business. Room was ordinary and dated as mentioned, but to my surprise and disappointment not as clean as it should be. Minor but still unacceptable for a hotel of this caliber.

Food choices and price points covered the whole range (Food court style to mid-range) but priced higher than expected and apparently accepted practice in Vegas.
Our expectations was for a 4 star and I'd rate it 3.5 for U.S.A based hotels. A comfortable hotel but it felt over crowded. A wide selection of shops but as expected over-priced.

I'm not much for gambling but the air quality was fair at best; smoking is permitted and ventilation is a disappointment. I would not be comfortable if I sat at Black Jack table. So this is very much a personal thing.

Being a 24 hour town, it does not sleep so you can expect noise/partying at all hours. We took in a city tour by double-decker bus and it was well worth the cost if you're interested in exploring the city. What is convenient is you can on and off at various spots throughout the city. This allows you to explore the city by foot without wearing yourself out. You must remember that the dry heat can dehydrate you surprisingly fast. The dry heat is pleasant and nice for those of us who's bones and joints might ache in damp/humid climates.

My wife and I did appreciate the tram that interconnects several hotels. We took advantage of this free convenience when we went out one evening to see O, one of the many Cirque du Soleil shows in Vegas.

The Concierge Desk needs to be better acquainted with the services, shows and attractions in and around Vegas. When they read the content of a brochure back to me, I see little value in the service they are providing.

Summary: shows and gambling town. If you expect anything else, I suggest a different destination.

I'd stay elsewhere if I were to go again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple