Vdara Hotel & Spa(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$119
Vdara.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

US$193
US$179
Aria.com
US$126
US$119
Palazzo.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$124
US$206
US$199
Bellagio.com
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$89
Mirage.com
Caesars Palace(Las Vegas)
US$180
US$109
Caesars Palace
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$226
US$209
VEGAS.com
18,184 results
All reviewsmonte carlofood courtmonaco suitewave poollazy riverpool areafree tramthe blue man groupspa suiteother hotelsnew york new yorkstrip viewm lifegreat location on the striphigh floormccasino
Reviewed 24 October 2008

This was the first time I had tried using Priceline and I booked the room for a decent rate. I think this means that you are destined to be directly above the noisy construction. All in all, the room was comfortable and spacious. The parking was a breeze. The staff was friendly enough. The bathroom floor did slant and soak my things when I took my shower. The construction noise didn't bother us because we only stayed one night and had to get up early to catch a flight. Had we booked an extended stay I would have been annoyed by it. Overall I had no complaints.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EclecticNature
Reviewed 20 October 2008

I stayed at the Monte Carlo Oct 10th-14th. Don't think I would stay there again when I return back to Las Vegas. The room was just average. No frills or thrills. Internet access cost an additional $13 per day. Refrigerators cost an additional $15 per day. There is still alot of construction going on in the area. I would highly recommend dinely at Diablo's. It's a sports bar with a fun atmosphere and great food. If you are on a budget for meals, this casino has a food court which consists of McDonalds, Subway, etc. One positive aspect about the Monte Carlo is the location. It's very convenient to many other popular casinos. As other reviews stated, there is a CVS next door and a Walgreens across the street. All in all, my room was clean but probably won't stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ALloyd
Reviewed 13 October 2008

I booked the hotel thru Priceline.com and named my price. It was $50.00 per night which was a very good rate. Cheaper than the hotel's promos (which were very good since they included extras). The hotel is attractive and has a very traditional look to it. Not a lot of glitter or glitz. The hotel is next to the City Center construction. There is also construction on the other side of the hotel (facing the main entrance). I called ahead and requested a quiet room, which was pretty quiet (I had ear plugs jus in case) and also close to the elevator. The room was clean. Nothing special (sort of like a Holiday Inn) but very comfortable. I stayed last time at Harrah's and this is on par. There's an iron, ironing board and room safe. No coffee maker. The bathroom was in marble and came with only 1 soap at the sink (I had to call for 1 for the tub/shower), shampoo, conditioner and lotion. For some reason they ran out of hand towels. But there were plenty of other size. The tv has basic cable only (not even Lifetime or A&E). A good feature was check-out on the tv. Since I had no extra charges and the room was pre-paid (oddly enough I did not have to give a credit card at check-in for additional charges) I used this and was able to stay in the room until I needed to leave. Since check-out is at 11:00 am it was a big plus. The casino is large and the rock music blares which I find annoying, especially when playing a thinking game, like 21 or video poker. So I did my gaming at other casinos. The hotel lobby is actually a hike to The Strip through the casino. I didn't use any of the hotel restaurants except for some fast food Chinese. There is a McDonald's, Subway, Sbarro's and other fast food facilities in the hotel. The buffet doesn't get high marks, so I went to the ones that do (Paris, Bellagio, Planet Hollywood) which are all about a 10-15 minute walk. Right next door is a 24 hour CVS and across the Strip is a 24 hr Walgreens. Also, across the strip at the Coca-Cola Bottle, is the Tix 4 Tonight 1/2 price booth. Use this one as it's indoors and there's a/c. I got a 1/2 price ticket for Folies Bergere at the Tropicana (about a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel). In fact, I walked the entire time I was in Las Vegas. The monorail is just too far away to use (and expensive). The Deuce (Strip bus) is always crowded and you wait forever for everyone to board.

I took a shuttle for $6.00 from the airport. We only made to stops before (MGM and New York, New York). To the airport I chose a taxi which ran about $15.00 with tip.

To tell the truth, I don't think I'll ever be back to Vegas. The payouts are lousy, the buffets have lost their appeal, the entertainment doesn't seem as plentiful. To come to Vegas just to walk through casino hotels and their malls isn't worth a trip. So I'm glad my stay here was good value and the location was pretty good.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank Unkey
Reviewed 13 October 2008

Just returned from two nights stay at Monte Carlo. The check in was fast and we were given a decent room with the AAA discount price of $69.95 a night. The room was typical for a basic room on the strip with a better than expected price. I selected this resort as I have stayed here once before and were looking for something within walking distance of the Luxor where we had show tickets for Believe. We were surprised that the casino was not as smoke filled as many others on the strip. In fact it smelled like they were spraying it with air freshener. The casino was easy to walk around and the fast food places were great for a snack including a Starbucks. We were surprised to see all of the penny slot machines they had. My mom really enjoyed playing them. We didn't eat at the hotel, so I can't comment on that. We had breakfast at the Planet Hollywood buffet, my favorite. We ate dinner at Gallagher's Steak house at New York New York one night. The best steak ever! We also ate at Tivoli at Caesers Palace and and Batista's Hole In The Wall across from Bally's. Both serve excellent meals. Overall our stay at the hotel was great for what we wanted. My only complaint was that there was a room service tray in the hall when we checked in and it was still there when we left. Inexcusable! I would highly recommend this resort for its location on the strip, pools and overall enjoyable atmosphere. Like I said the room was average but no one goes to Vegas to say in the room. Do they?

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank CFNOBIS
Reviewed 10 October 2008

ARRIVAL & PARKING

Arrived by car 9-26-08. Very good valet service. A lot of construction in the area now, if you want to leave hotel, cut thru parking lot to the south of the valet area, head toward NY NY casino, and can easily exit onto Tropicana. If you exit by car using the strip, you’ll get stuck waiting for traffic, if you exit onto Trop, you’ll be heading West toward the I-15.

CHECK IN AND THE ROOM:
Had booked a room online and made three simple requests: Near an elevator, strip view, high floor. Clerk at desk said there were no rooms of that type available. Hard to believe for a hotel that has thousands of rooms, & it was only 4:30 p.m. “We do have spa rooms available that meet your requests for $100 more per night,” was the reply of the clerk. We splurged and got assigned to room 20-301, which the clerk said had the strip view. Taken literally, she was right. It had a view, of the Polo Towers, and of the strip itself, meaning just the street/sidewalk area, we could also see Walgreens across the street, but NO view of ANY other casinos. We weren’t there for the view alone, so we accepted the room without complaint. The room was very nice, nicely decorated & furnished, and the spa tub easily fit my wife and I, and must admit it was very relaxing after a long drive.

Wet bar area is nice, came with sink & fridge, which was handy for storing bottled beverages & fruit & leftover pizza. Bathroom was OK, but steam shower didn’t work at all. No tub in shower area since you’ve got the huge spa tub in the room. Plenty of towels.

TV--1990s television. Not that we like to cave-dwell in the room & watch TV in Las Vegas, but, we do sometimes like to catch a movie after a long day & night of partying. Our friends' room had a nice plasma flat screen. Ours was a 19" dud. I almost called the front desk to request a set of rabbit ears to round out the high-techness of the set up.

Sound system: Should mention the sound system--very nice radio with bose speakers in the room. However, outdated and only had radio & CD player. No MP3 Jack. Again, they should join the 21st century and put that feature in the room's sound system.

HOUSEKEEPING
Very tidy, BUT—apparently on each night they have that nice touch of turndown service and they place dainty chocolates on the pillow. That would’ve been great, but, when the maid walked in unannounced on Friday night on my wife who’d just exited the shower, (yes I know we could’ve locked the door, but come on! Where’s the courtesy??) that startled her. I wrote the MC to complain about that.

POOL
Very, very nice. Couple bars, food, lazy river, wave pool, Jacuzzis, the works. If you like nice pools you’ll like that feature of the hotel.

BREW PUB
Excellent pizza, excellent beer, though they no longer make their own. Horrible Gardenburgers, don’t order it. Undercooked & my wife took one bite then left the rest & shared my pizza, which was more than enough for both of us. Salads were good. Wait staff wasn’t so hot, the place wasn’t crowded yet we had to repeatedly ask for water refills.

BUFFET
Unremarkable. OK at best. Golden Nugget and Orleans have better. Would not recommend.

CASINO
Seen one, you’ve seen them all as far as I am concerned. The MC’s is nice, but is very MGM corporate feeling. Nice & bright, but, nothing to rave about.

SPA
Wife & her pals really enjoyed the spa, good value.

OTHER
Don’t try & buy a gift card. We wanted one for the wife’s friend who was celebrating her b’day that weekend. Tried on Friday, lobby gift shop took 20 minutes, couldn’t figure it out, and asked for me to come back—after I’d given them $100. I don’t think so! Got the $$ back. Next day purchased card from Business center & nice lady there said call her if it didn’t work. At the spa later that Saturday, of course the card didn’t work & it was embarrassing for us—they got it worked out I suppose, my wife showed them the receipt and then left.

OVERALL
Expensive, not a good value. If, and I mean if you really want to stay on the strip, I’d stay elsewhere. Why? The MC has construction surrounding it, and it is not the easiest to get in & out of the place. The rooms are expensive for what you get. Our room bill was $566 five hundred sixty-six dollars for two nights. I’ve stayed at Golden Nugget, Orleans, Gold Coast, Imperial Palace, (rooms & suites at those,) MGM grand, Bally’s, Flamingo, Tropicana, Four Queens, Main Street Station, Binon’s, and a couple off brands off the strip, and I’ve come to judge a room & overall experience based on the cost. For nearly three bills a night, you can do better. Was it horrible? No. Was it OK? Yes. Would I stay there again? Probably not.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank daposton222