Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
StayForLong
Agoda.comUS$154
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews drawing room afternoon tea taster menu any requests roaring log fire bathroom fittings a private dining room sunday lunch impressive building birthday treat from start to finish huge bed bed and breakfast evening meal car park wedding sympathetically
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 November 2020

This hotel is quite unique. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was excellent with good amenities. Though a usb charging point was lacking. The breakfast was very good. Overall good value and will use again.

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank DaveA1966
Reviewed 25 October 2020

When we arrived we asked for the Lift, I am disabled, they, didn't have one, it was a "listed building" we have stayed in listed building hotels many times and they all had lifts.

Next we were told we couldn't have the room we reserved, but another, which was an extra £9.

I had ordered, in advance a "Stake Tartar" at a extra cost of £20. this, for my evening meal. While we were having coffee, in the Conservatory the waiter told us the chef couldn't make a stake tartar,no reason given.

At breakfast, I ordered Eggs Benedict, the sauce was curdled, at that point, I was about to depart to the
5* Mount Pleasant Hotel, its only a few yards away.

One good point I will make, the staff were very helpful and polite, particularly the "young" Manager, he was also very good at mixing a "Blodymary".

Eric Lord Grigor

Reviewed 22 September 2020

We had a great room and a terrific meal - the tasting menu was excellent but you do need to be very hungry to do the fabulous cooking justice. Wine is also reasonably priced. Staff were very welcoming and communicative adding to the ambience of this grand house by being very happy to tell you about the history of the building and the plans for future developments.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 14 September 2020

This was my 3rd visit to Rossington Hall since it opened but the 1st time I'd had the pleasure of staying over. I was absolutely blown away, by the food, the room and the service.

The setting is stunning. Although the drive up is a bit confusing, once you pull round into the car park, the Hall stands majestically in its own rolling grounds. A really impressive building that only gets more so upon entering. I can totally see why this venue is so popular for weddings - it really has the wow factor. I believe that this is the go-to hotel for any celebrities who visit the area too.

After being warmly welcomed (Debbie and Lucy were so friendly and helpful), I was shown to my room - a very spacious double aspect corner bedroom with a huge bed and a beautifully appointed bathroom. I was delighted to find that literally every overnight stay bit I could need was at my disposal. From robe and slippers to bottled of water, biscuits and even OJ and cranberry juice. The bed was SO comfortable, ditto the pillows (which I checked for the brand so I could by some for myself!). I slept so well, even the resident peacocks didn't disturb me, despite them being sat on the flat roof outside when I opened the curtains in the morning. Great shower and a very alluring looking bath that I would definitely have had a nice soak in if I'd been staying longer. Lots of little touches that really made for a pleasant and stress free stay. The room was spotless and I felt very 'Covid secure'.

The meal was the tasting menu which is one of my favourite ways to dine. We had a private dining room which gave us peace of mind in terms of social distancing as well as an opportunity to feel more 'at home'. Again, the room was sumptuously decorated and had a lovely view on to the walled garden. The food was excellent - well cooked, presented and constructed. I particularly enjoyed the salmon with caviar, lemon curd ice cream and the stilton fondue (a gourmet twist on a 70s classic!). I don't usually add the wine selections to tasting menus but I am so glad this was an option. Every glass was perfectly pitched, enhancing and complementing each course, well worth the extra, and a measure of the skill and knowledge of the staff. If anything, my only complaint would be that the portions were too big for a tasting menu, I was stuffed!

I definitely feel that the Hall has started to find its feet in recent years, the rolling program of renovation has revealed more and more of the building's character and potential. Overall it feels 'traditional' but not 'outdated'. Sympathetically restored and decorated to bring attention to the history of the venue (if you like suits of armour, grand staircases and slightly spooky old portraits this is the place for you) but with many of the modern facilities you could want.

A really lovely meal and stay. I will definitely be returning in the (hopefully) not too distant future to see what further developments have been made to this special venue.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank Katleskin
Reviewed 23 August 2020

I Booked a few rooms for a private party, it was lovely from start to finish, everything was done on time, staff was fantastic especially Brian & Jude, they made the stay extremely nice, such friendly people,

Felt safe dining and drinking with all staff wearing face shields... it’s crazy times but it’s nice to see everyone taking it serious at rossington Hall.

Thanks again Brian & Jude