“Slow service, ok food!”

CaiE's Oriental Cafe
Ranked #614 of 952 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

Service was slow and waiter's English was poor, had trouble understanding my simple order. The chicken dish I got was weird, it was fried but the pieces were super small so it felt like all I was eating was breading. Will never return.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

Servers are erratic . . . as is the kitchen.

Been there for dinner and lunch . . . like I said, it's conveniently located. Never great, occasionally pretty awful. Nobody in the kitchen takes pride in what they do . . . they simply sling hash!

Could use a good steam-cleaning and some team-building. Nobody seems to know what anyone else is doing.

Reviewed 6 February 2016

CalE has great lunch specials! Huge portions, great food, great service and a bright sun-drenched room. For the lunch specials, you pick your protein and sauce / preparation, and egg rolls or potstickers. All choices are excellent and arrived July.

Reviewed 30 December 2015

We've been ordering take out from CaiE for a few years now. We've always been a little disgruntled with the service but this last visit has convinced us to find a new restaurant.

Christmas Eve we called in an $100 plus order early in the day to give them plenty of warning. We arrived at the specified time only to learn that they hadn't started the order and it was a half hour before they gave it to us. All this time my elderly mother was waiting in the car with the engine running to keep her warm.

We arrived home to guests waiting in our driveway (in the cold) and then we discovered that we didn't have our complete order that we'd paid for. My husband had to drive 40 minutes round trip to get the rest of our food.

I should add that while we were waiting other customers arrived and left with their orders completed. Obviously they just forgot about our order.

Reviewed 29 December 2015

The world is filled with oriental restaurants in shopping centers. Caie's is no ordinary restaurant. The food is reasonably priced and the dim sum was good beyond our expectations. In fact, this café was such a find that we visited twice during our stay. They serve draft beer and some wines. I do not know if spirits are on their menu. We tried the dum sum and a few Chinese dishes. The Chinese dishes were prepared in a light manner with no heavy sauces--just fresh ingredients. I would recommend this café to anyone who loves Chinese food prepared perfectly. We noticed that the take out business was extremely good.

Been to CaiE's Oriental Cafe? Share your experiences!