“Better Asian Cuisine Elsewhere”

CaiE's Oriental Cafe
Ranked #619 of 960 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 18 August 2017

We tried out this location because it is very close to our home/community and we love supporting local. Unfortunately the food wasn't the best. It's wasn't bad either, but if I am going to have asian cuisine I want it to be fresh, flavorful, and memorable. Unfortunately this place doesn't fit these descriptions. The food was okay but in the end it was expensive and not very yummy.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

There must be a new chef! We have eaten here a dozen times and it just keeps getting worse. It is close to our house so we would like to like it. But tonight's take out was terrible. The house rice was greasy and hard, two shrimp?! The mixed veggies were overcooked, limp and greasy. So sorry to say good bye!

Reviewed 24 March 2017

Went here to try their dim sum. Ordered the sampler. I would order just the chicken siu mai next time. We had fried spring rolls and I really liked those.

My favorite entrees were the lettuce wraps, the generals chicken and the hot & sour soup. I ordered hot tea and the jasmine was very good.

The staff were so nice and very attentive. Checking back with us at just the right time.

They were fast and seem to have a large take out business.

1  Thank 144Y
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

Service was terrible, food was bad. Had the signature dim sum sampler plus fried wontons. Wontons and pot stickers were okay. Everything else was bad. Shrimp things smelled rotten.
They also put sun-dried tomatoes in their chili oil, which is a horrible thing to do. Only beers on tap were Sam Adams choices :-(
The only positive was that it was across the street from my hotel. Only reason I went was because the food at Hilton Garden Inn is reliably uninspiring.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

I was lost and hungry. I found this place was open and decided to give it a shot. My chicken was extremely sweet. So sweet I couldn't eat much. But the rice was good. I think if I got something else id like it.

Been to CaiE's Oriental Cafe? Share your experiences!