Club Cal Neva Hotel Casino
US$145
US$149
US$142
US$71
Eldorado Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$70
  • Pool
US$69
US$119
Silver Legacy Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$46
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$63/night.

Circus Circus Reno(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$50
Agoda.com
US$256
US$239
All reviewstop deckprime ribsteak and eggscasino farekeno loungeback in the daytwo blocksdowntown renotruckee riversports bookslot machinesgreat casinosilver legacygamblingfunplayers
Reviewed 22 March 2018

The owners of this casino obviously are squeezing the last few pennies and nickels out of the place before closing it down! Maintenance of the building is HORRIBLE, needs new carpets, paints, walls, restroom fixtures, Restaurant tables and equipment, etc. Even the slot machines are ancient and on their last legs.

I give the place six months before it finally closes down. Even the locals are starting to avoid it. The City of Reno has taken over it's primary garage.

Like Circus Circus, the Sands, and other OLD Casinos in the area, Reno's casinos are dying a slow death due to failure to attract people with any reason to come there. Unlike Las Vegas, the Cities of Reno, Carson City and Sparks are giving up .....and just squeezing out every dime they can from locals and the few people who come to the area. Even the Asuqara Family gave up and sold John Asquara's Nugget.

Until the owners of the Casinos of the casinos in the area wake up and realize that they have to work together to create a reason for tourists to come to the area the Casinos will rapidly die and the area will become just one more Nevada Ghost Town Area.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hagar2935
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

I’m an out of Towner but a regular, we make the 250 mile drive around 10 times a year. We were just here last month and the prime rib was terrible, my mom said she wouldn’t get that again but she tried it again just now and it was much better, portion wise and quality wise it was good. Even the coconut shrimp improved in size, they were puny last month, I hope they can keep the quality up, I’ve been a loyal customer for over 30 years, recently checking out new places to play with better comps but the slot action keeps bringing my mom back.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank TripMember07242017
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Cal-Neva is probably the oldest looking casino in the downtown area of Reno. The slot machines are as new as other casinos, but they still have a few of the oldies around. The whole gaming floor is old, with old carpets and an old looking layout, but when you're gambling, does the carpets really matter? Every now-and-again they will have a $3 Craps table, but mostly it's $5, just like the other casinos. What I do like about Cal-Neva is the food prices. Prime Rib dinner plate is under $10. Breakfast and a quick lunch, the food is good and the prices are better. I've never stayed at Cal-Neva so I don't know about their rooms or room-service.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank King A
Reviewed 7 November 2017

My spouse and i went to the top deck resturant to have diner we were sat down at a table, the server asked my spouse and i what we would like. We told the server what we wanted. My spouse went to have a smoke came back and the server brought us one meal. Explained he was new. talked to the General Manger about service, he explained he was off duty. The worst experince i have ever had, I am a native nevadan been going to the cal-neva for over 30 years. What has happened to this place. The GM is a joke.

Room Tip: never go to the cal-neva awful place. General manager is a joke
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sylvia C
Reviewed 7 October 2017

According to reviews, we decided we would eat at Top Deck Restaurant. Husband ordered prime rib, which was at least one half fat/grizzle. Terrible. Next time in Reno we definitely won't be going to that casino or eat there.

Stayed: October 2017