“Great Local Lunch Place”
Review of Paisan's

Paisan's
Ranked #228 of 1,011 Restaurants in Reno
Price range: US$7 - US$7
Cuisines: Diner, Deli, Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We were looking for a place for a quick lunch, and had already walked out of one place that was stuffy and expensive, when we found Paisan's on a web search of great lunch places. It's a great little deli hidden in the industrial area of Reno by the airport. It's well worth searching out. We went at noon, and it was very busy, but the staff was efficient and friendly. There were enough tables for everyone, and everyone was having a good time. The kicker? The food was excellent. I had the Speciale David sandwich with roast beef, bacon, roasted peppers, cheese and 1000 island. It was awesome. My husband had the special BLT with avocado, and since he's not fond of avocado, I put it on my sandwich. It was great. We'll definitely go again.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Ok so when ever i go someplace new i Laays look for a great canolli.. Well this wasnt it!! Mini canollies are not canollis!! And ths zhell wasnt crisp either.. Filling was ok but presentation a 1 out of 5 taste 1 out of 5... The guy behind the counter gets a 4.5! I dont recommens tbe canolli sorry!!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Paisan's is a legend in the Reno area. In short, this place is "a trip" as we used to say in the 70's! This is pure Italian New York Deli food and they have that concept down. First and foremost, they use great bread - Dutch Crunch, Focaccia, Sourdough, 9 grain or Rye Swirl. The Sandwiches are creative and flavorful. I think I've tried about just about all of them and I've never had a sandwich here that was not perfectly implemented and delicious. It gets busy at lunchtime and you'll wait to order, but once you're in the queue, they put out the food with consistency and precision. Great vegetarian options, too, if that's your thing. I love to savor one of their delicious sandwiches at a table in their bustling little restaurant over a local newspaper. They cater, and my gosh it seems that they even have a food truck. "Ya Gotta Try It"

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Have eaten here twice and will go back again! Gluten free options and really nice home made salads and dressing to go. A great place to grab and go, they do catering trays. The food is very very good, eating in is a bit loud, it gets crowded at lunch and echos but all in all, it is worth the trip. Priced right, nice lunch about $10. Paisan’s Old World Deli & Catering business

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

My wife has celiac disease so we are always looking for good gluten free food. Usually we avoid sandwich places because they either don’t offer gluten free or, if the do, the bread is not very good. Paisan’s is a very pleasant exception. My wife ordered a BLT with pesto and she had a choice of three breads. Her sandwich was great and large enough to take half home. I had the meatball sub which was great. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. The hours are limited and I expect that this place gets crowded during the lunch hour. If you are a little flexible you won’t regret giving Paisan’s a try.