“Clean but worn, easy access to highways”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #40 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Clean but worn, easy access to highways”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I found the room through TripAdvisor when scheduling a business trip. While I could have stayed at Harrah's or another location closer to the casino strip for a comparable rate, I liked that this location was easy access to I-80 and 395. It also had free hot breakfast, refrigerator and microwave, free wireless internet and easy access between room and parking. This building is multi-level, but the elevator made moving into and out of my room easy. Standard hotel wall mount heating cooling unit was functional and fan ran at an appropriate volume. The drapes were old but in working order. The dresser and desk looked old and scuffed up, but the linens and bathroom were bright and clean. The bed was very comfortable, cushy but firm at the same time.The large flat screen TV was a pleasant surprise. The staff was pleasant. While I didn't use the fitness room, I did pass by it and saw only 1 machine marked out of order. This was an older, but reasonably maintained hotel. Supplying a hot breakfast, refrigerator and microwave made my trip less expensive... other than that trip to the casino ;-)

Room Tip: I was in 215, which was centrally located. The closest option for the stairwell, elevator, vending a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We booked our room on a travel website. We requested a king bed at the time of our booking. As we were checking in, we found out, that the travel website reserved our room as "open." Due to this "open" reservation we were given a room with two doubles.
This was unacceptable to my wife and I. We told the staff at check in and they quickly found us a room with a queen. (All king rooms were already taken)

You just can't beat the price! Free breakfast, in room WiFi, and parking, all a bonus!

I must say though that the parking lot needs to be expanded. We came back very late due to a night football game, and the parking lot was full. We had to park on the street. No problems though. The other nights we parked in the lot.

We've stayed at this hotel, three times this year. We like it and will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kik23
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We stayed at the hotel for a little over 30 days. Ron Martinson the General Manager was very helpful as was the entire staff of the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Talk to Ron especially if you have an extended stay
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Placerville, California
Reviewed 16 September 2011

My wife and I found the Hawthorne to stay for a night during one of our twice annual bowling trip to Reno. The cost and room was exactly what we were hoping to find. All we wanted was a place to lay our head for the night preferably with a refrigerator. What we received was a room that looked literally brand new. Clean, very comfortable king-sized bed, with huge throw pillows for relaxing and kicking back. Not only was there a fridge, but free wireless, 42" LCD flat screen, microwave, coffee maker and kitchen sink!
This place was about half the cost of the resorts. Our last stay at one resort advertised a $79 room that turned into $100+ after their fees and taxes! AND it didn't offer ANY of the amenities the Hawthorne included for free!!
Not to mention their continental breakfast, either! Usually, that only consists of muffins and donuts. But here, you get waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, bagels, oatmeal and any of the drinks you would want! How much more is that saving you? 100 bucks AND about $25-30 for a comparable breakfast for two if you stayed at the resort.
Granted, the neighborhood across the street leaves a lot to be desired, but their parking lot is well lit and has a wall around it. The room is smallish so don't expect a $1000 suite for what you pay here. It's a great value.
We WILL stay there again!!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a stove if you want or need. We stayed in room 244 and it was clean and new-looking...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Winnemucca, NV
Reviewed 11 August 2011

This hotel is quite dated and definitely in need of renovation. The hallways are dark and a bit scary at night, as is the parking lot. I would never allow my wife or kids to stay there without me (and my pistol) along. We had no problems, but the place definitely attracts undesirables (probably due to the low prices offered). Beds and pillows are a bit old and not very comfortable. There is a small outdoor pool shared between this and the adjacent hotel. The pool looked clean and well maintained but was crowded. Free Internet worked pretty well.

The staff is courteous and friendly and the prices are good. The breakfast is well supplied and good. Cleanliness could be better, but it's not unbearably bad. Televisions are new, large flat panels. There was a coffee maker, small fridge and microwave with free popcorn and coffee/condiments in the room and all worked well. There is an excercise room with a bike, a tread climber, and two treadmills - most of the equipment was in very poor condition, although usable.

Overall, I can't say it was terrible, but I will be quite unlikely to stay there again just due to the age of the building and the feeling that it might be a good place to get mugged.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank CrankyNVGuy

Travellers are raving about these Reno hotels