“Great Room- Good location for people traveling through”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Sparks
Reviewed 12 March 2017

I was passing through on my way to Las Vegas and called to check on availability for sleeping and if they had parking for a pickup with a trailer. They didn't have trailer parking but assured me there is plenty of room on the street to park a truck and trailer. I decided to check it out.

Parking - plenty of room for trucks and trailers and even Tractor Trailers on the street. Easy access to the freeway.

Got in an was greeted by a super friendly counter person who quickly helped me get a room right away.

They only had one type of room available so I got it.. It was a large room broken up into sections. You walk in and you have a large bathroom to your right.. in front of you is a sitting area. (couch and chair and an entertainment area with a tv and radio) and a desk then you walk through and you have the bedroom area with a kingsized bed and television.

Bed was comfy and no real complaints about the room.

They had a pool that was open til 11pm.. which was heated to 79 degrees. Seemed pretty nice, was disappointed that they didn't have a hot tub.

Breakfast served was a little bit better then a continental breakfast. They had make your own waffles and cereal as well as hard boiled eggs, bagels, scrambled eggs and ham and a vegetarian option as well. They also had a lot of fresh fruit which was impressive.

Wasn't impressed with the $2.00 Tourism Surcharge tacked onto my bill and not many choices of restaurants in walking distance (Del Taco)

If I was staying in Spark/Reno area.. I would stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Stayed in a first floor room backing up on the the pool.. Had to remember to shut the curtains befor...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
00gc, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Dear Gabe G,

Thank you for including Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks in your travel plans. It is great to know you liked your room and the selections in our continental breakfast buffet. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Bad weather and a road closure on I80 made me Look for a hotel quick.
I picked a pretty good one!
Staff was friendly and efficient, room was about perfect for the business traveler who wanted to stay working but with all the comforts of home.
The breakfast sausage didn't look very good, but the oatmeal was perfect.
Definitely on my 'will stay again list'!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
00gc, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Dear Richard C,

We're glad to know how much you enjoyed your stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks during your business trip. We appreciate your wonderful comments in regard to your room which made your traveling more enjoyable. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

I have been loyal to a different chain but thought I would try a Fairfield again. Just fair. Ice machine outside my door (I am a life long Marriot Gold member) - ouch. Told me I was "upgraded to a suite". Yes with a roof appx 20 feet from my window but actually it is a buffer from the highway so isn't a bad thing as far as noise goes.
I think Marriott is slipping...

Room Tip: Maybe stay elsewhere. Its 8pm and still a lot of thumping...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
00gC, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay and for sharing your feedback with fellow travelers. We are happy overall you had a pleasant stay aside from your room placement. We do hope our friendly staff and wonderful amenities along with being a Marriott Gold member made your stay more enjoyable. We would love an opportunity to make your next stay perfect!

Reviewed 5 January 2017

On our way through Reno/Sparks for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, stayed here to break up the trip. The staff is quite hospitable, and the location was good for our family as the Outlet Center is close by and had something for everyone. I was, however, surprised by the general state of the room. We are Marriott reward people, but the room we stayed in had the feel of Motel 6 circa 1985. Very basic. Old fixtures and furniture showing wear almost throughout. And a TV that was maybe the first flat-screen produced after the downfall of the CRT era.

Free breakfast was also sub-standard...

Not sure we would stay here again. There are many alternatives in Reno that are even more affordable...

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel away from the freeway...
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank VikingFarmer
ManagerX1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear our location met your vacation needs and that you found our staff friendly and helpful. However, please accept our apologies for the disappointing accommodations. We are an older property but with that being said we try to stay on top of everyday maintenance and condition of our guest rooms so that we are providing the cleanest and most comfortable experience. I am sorry we let you down. Your comments help us focus on areas that need our attention. We hope you will give us the chance to make it up to you on a future visit. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Wanted a quick overnight getaway and this place fit the bill. My first Fairfield experience was back in Indiana 15 years ago. I must say they really up'd their game in the past couple of years. I used to think Fairfield was the budget Marriott which competed with Motel 6, La Quinta and Days Inn. Now I think of them as competing with the Hampton Inn, Four Points and even Marriott's own SpringHill Suites.

We stayed in a two double bed suite. The beds were comfortable. The equipment was all in working condition, and the room was clean and spacious. The room faced the freeway but we did not notice any of the noise. The shower was nice and hot with good waterflow. The bathroom also had an exhaust fan to get the steam out.

The exercise room had a couple of treadmills, a step machine and bike. Along with a dumbbell rack. This did enough for a light workout. The pool was nice and had an ample amount of towels. Oddly enough there was no hot tub. It looked like they got rid of the tub, covered it over, and put table and chairs.

Breakfast was good. Many items to select from hot and cold. The seating was good whether you were at the table or counter. The attendant was friendly and made sure you had everything you need.

As for food and shopping options, there is a Del Taco and McDonald's steps away from the hotel along with a Chevron and mini-mart. A mile away, next freeway exit over (but you can take side streets) is Legends Outlet Mall. They have a Target and many other shops. There are also many dining options in the area.

The check-in and checkout experience was great. The front desk staff were friendly, fast and efficient. I asked for a late checkout and had not problems getting it.

They definitely earned the highest rating. There was nothing negative experienced. We would stay hear again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
ManagerX1, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Thank you for the review regarding your stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks. We are glad you thoroughly enjoyed your comfortable rooms and our in-house amenities. Our location closeness to shopping malls and restaurants makes us a great choice for travelers to the area. We are also happy that our staff served you well. Thank you once more for taking time out of your busy day to recognize our efforts. We hope to welcome you again!

Brad Lassner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sparks
2.8 km away
9.1 km away
Courtyard Reno Downtown/Riverfront
3.5 km away
Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks? Share your experiences!