Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks
US$40
US$35
Official Website
US$127
Western Village Inn & Casino(Sparks)(Great Value!)
US$50
All reviewsdel tacoyogurtdouble bed suiteroom faced the freewayindoor poolcontinental breakfastmake your own waffleshard boiled eggssleeping areafront desk staffwatch tvhot tublarge bathroomeasy accessexercise roomice machinewould stay here again
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

The pool room is excessively HOT and humid, and there is no spa or hot tub! My 8-year old son and I were looking forward to swimming, but just walking in to the pool room almost made us sick! If we had stayed longer than 5 minutes, we would have had heat stroke! The hotel is fully booked but there was no one else swimming; now we know why! I asked the front desk clerk, Alan, about it. He claimed the dehumidifier needed to be repaired, but I saw no one attempting to fix it.
I then wanted to buy a regular sized cold bottle of water from the pantry. Alan said it would cost $2.25...for one bottle of water that I could get at the corner gas station for $1.19. I refused to pay that much for a drink of water, and my son and I went to our room (#226). We paid $248 total for this tiny room with one King sized bed!
I was so disappointed with everything at this point (we had been at the hotel for only 90 minutes!) that I attempted to call Alan at the front desk, using our room phone. The room phone didn't work! I called him on my cell phone and asked for a new phone for the room and some sort of a refund for all the problems we had thus encountered. He offered me a $20 refund since we couldn't use the pool. Gee, thanks.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME ON THIS HOTEL! IT IS NOT WORTH IT!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Brad L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I regret that you had a disappointing stay. Please accept my apology on behalf of our entire team. I can imagine your disappointment when you were unable to use the pool due to the temperature of the room. Our maintenance team is taking necessary steps to resolve the problem quickly. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss further.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Fairfield Inn Sparks is a great stop on I-80. Clean hotel, great restaurant and easy on and off access. Close to many restaurants and awesome breakfast. GM Brad Lesser and Mark on Front Desk are awesome.

Room Tip: North side up stairs 2nd floor away from Interstate very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We chose this Fairfield as our pit stop between Nor Cal and Utah. I've stayed at many Fairfields and have always had a nice time, and this held up to my expectations!

Check-in was quick and easy and the staff was helpful and genuinely nice.

The rooms were clean and comfortable with very nice beds. We asked for a crib at check in and it was in our room when we walked in and had a crib sheet and small blanket. I think this is one of the first hotels I've been to that actually included a crib sheet! The pack-n-play was in really good condition too. My only criticism is that the faucet on the tub was a bit tricky to get to the sweet spot between freezing cold and burning hot. But we figured it out okay. There were also a few cosmetic things like cracked tiles, but otherwise it was a welcoming, clean room that gave us the rest we needed to continue our journey the next day.

The kids enjoyed the pool. It looked like there had formally been a hot tub that was paved over maybe?

Breakfast was delicious! Mini waffles, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, sausage, cereal, juice, oatmeal, pastries, yogurts, fresh fruits- something for everyone!

The huge outlet mall was just down the road. We enjoyed dinner at a great pizza place over that way.

If ever we need to spend the night in Reno area again, we will definitely stay here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

PLUS: The hotel is clean and this is important. Good house keeping service.
Hotel itself quiet old,(I am Marriott member, so can compare :) ) and comparing with other hotel's in Reno quite pricy.
I had some issues with my credit card that was charged every second day day a weird amount's due to hotel mistake.
That was resolved by hotel management, but caused me additional charges/fees due to currency exchange...Thats why I give only 2 stars

Regards,
Kasia

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Janell M, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Dear Kasia,

Thank you for completing the review. I apologize regarding the issues you experienced with your credit card. I am glad we were able to fix the error. Please know the issues you experienced were addressed. We do hope you will stay with us in the future when you travel to the Reno/Sparks area.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

this hotel is a perfect example of what the fairfield inn chain is supposed to be. it is not supposed to be a ritzy high-end marriott, but it does offer anything a traveler needs unless he wants to pay triple for luxury. the only amenity that my room lacked was a microwave. there was a big bare spot on top of the cabinet that the fridge was in, and i suspect there previously was a microwave there; maybe it broke down? but everything else was provided, giant screen TV, free wifi, iron/board, hair dryer etc etc. very clean room, nicely furnished. bathroom as clean as a surgical center. very comfy bed with very nice and very clean linen. the whole room very clean and like-new. front desk staff extraordinarily helpful.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo