“Nice surprise”

Hard Rock Cafe
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: 6,225 feet above sea level in the Sierra Nevadas sits Lake Tahoe, spanning the bold state line between California and Nevada. With a leg on either side of that divide, you can bet this popular resort area has a slightly split personality. Roughly half the visitors here plan to kick back California-style on the side that bears the Golden State's name, to engage in low-key sightseeing, hiking, fishing, camping and boating, while the other half heads straight for Nevada, and all that that name heralds. Ritzy attractions, big-name entertainment and the lure of the jackpot beckon at abundant glittering casinos there, so, what? You can't decide? Ehh - don't sweat it. We've struck a happy balance for ye of many interests. The Hard Rock Cafe Lake Tahoe is located in Harvey's Resort and Casino, just 5 minutes from Heavenly Ski Resort and only 1,000 yards from Lake Tahoe itself. So whether you gamble your money in casinos or your life on the mountains, the Hard Rock Cafe Lake Tahoe is the perfect place. Our Alpine ski lodge decor makes you feel right at home if you're ready to relax, but if gaming the night away is more your style, our triangular bar in the restaurant's center features 18 video poker machines to make you feel like a real high roller. And if you've worked up an appetite from all this, you better believe you've come to the right place. Nevada Magazine rated Hard Rock Cafe Tahoe the #1 burger in the state! So step inside the Hard Rock Lake Tahoe and walk the state line for a rocking great time.
Reviewed 31 January 2018

We stopped to eat at the Hard Rock cafe one day. My friend had always talked about her favorite drink "Mojhito" so I decide to try a pineapple, coconut one and was sold enough to return the next day to get one " to go". Food was excellent, ambiance was what I would have expected, every one, customers & staff were very happy and friendly. Since they had nice clothing for sale also, I bought a nice hooded sweatshirt for my grandson. He just loved it. Very special color with Lake Tahoe imprint. I wanted to get one for myself.....Great lunch menu. You won't regret it.

Jim R, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Hi W7736ZKlouiseb

Thanks for the awesome review! We are so glad you had a great time! Our drinks are amazing! Please stop in next time your in the area. Thanks and I hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 23 January 2018

In full view of the slots, the oyster bar seats about 20 people in full view of open kitchen. Steamers cook a variety of seafood and sauces that will melt your taste buds. The oysters are fresh, cold, clean, and do not need crackers. Two champagne sauces and cocktail, finish off the greatness. Clam chowder think and creamy and full of fresh clams. Oyster happy hour before 3 pm, closes for 1 hour, then you better get there by 4:05 or wait in line. Fresh cocktails and draft beers make this meal complete. In five days, my husband and I visited twice. Loved it!

Hi T5131ZB

I believe your review was meant for the Hard Rock Hotel Casino. We are the Hard Rock Café located on the second floor of Harvey's. I will insure your review goes to the right location.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

The food here was great as usual. The waitresses were always quick to get our order but it felt like we were forgotten about. They also felt the need to circle the tip options which seemed rude in my opinion.

Jim R, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Hi Laura P

I am glad you enjoyed your food, but I truly apologize for the service you received. This is not the Hard Rock service we are famous for. I hope you will give us another opportunity next time your in town. I know we can do a much better job. I will address the circling of the tip with my staff. Thank you for letting us know about your experience and I hope you will try us again.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

I ordered my food the first day I was there, I was taking it back to my room to eat, On the line for gratuity tip I put in zero because my food was comped because I was on my seven star retreat..but you can’t tip with the free folio food credit , so I put zero and tip cash..when the bar keeper seen I put zero on the ticket , she got mad and turned away before I had the chance to give her the tip..my food was $27 and I tipped her $20.. there was another lady behind the bar and she seen me with the tip in hand and walked over and I ask her to give it to the other lady , so she took the tip to the other lady, but she never even turned around to say thank you...

Hi Brian R

I am truly sorry for your experience in our café. The service is not acceptable. I would like to talk to you about your experience and get more information. Please call me at 775-588-6200. Thank you for letting us now about your dining experience and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Brightly lit with great ambience. Much smaller than the larger HRC I’ve been to. Very friendly staff - made sure that our dinner preferences were met.
The Cafe is tucked in the corner of the Harvey’s, opp Harrahs. The HRC store is at the other end of the casino!

Jim R, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Hi Mahakavi

Thanks for letting us know about your experience in our café. I'm glad you had a great time. Please stop in next time your in our neck of the woods. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.