“Quick Bite While You Still Have Money”
Review of Hard Rock Cafe - CLOSED

Hard Rock Cafe
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: 6,225 feet above sea level in the Sierra Nevadas sits Lake Tahoe, spanning the bold state line between California and Nevada. With a leg on either side of that divide, you can bet this popular resort area has a slightly split personality. Roughly half the visitors here plan to kick back California-style on the side that bears the Golden State's name, to engage in low-key sightseeing, hiking, fishing, camping and boating, while the other half heads straight for Nevada, and all that that name heralds. Ritzy attractions, big-name entertainment and the lure of the jackpot beckon at abundant glittering casinos there, so, what? You can't decide? Ehh - don't sweat it. We've struck a happy balance for ye of many interests. The Hard Rock Cafe Lake Tahoe is located in Harvey's Resort and Casino, just 5 minutes from Heavenly Ski Resort and only 1,000 yards from Lake Tahoe itself. So whether you gamble your money in casinos or your life on the mountains, the Hard Rock Cafe Lake Tahoe is the perfect place. Our Alpine ski lodge decor makes you feel right at home if you're ready to relax, but if gaming the night away is more your style, our triangular bar in the restaurant's center features 18 video poker machines to make you feel like a real high roller. And if you've worked up an appetite from all this, you better believe you've come to the right place. Nevada Magazine rated Hard Rock Cafe Tahoe the #1 burger in the state! So step inside the Hard Rock Lake Tahoe and walk the state line for a rocking great time.
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Food can occasionally be forgotten when visiting a casino and be unaffordable after a few hours of gambling. However, the food and affordability of the Hard Rock were both excellent. A friend and I DROVE up to Tahoe from Vegas (Don't do that. I won't again!) and after getting settled in the hotel, we made our way to dinner. I had the Original Legendary Burger and it is just as pictured on their menu, but about three inches taller than you could possibly stick in your mouth. It was very tasty and cooked just a bit under what I thought I ordered. The medium well would still have been quite pink and juicy. Everything else that came with was very good as well, with the possible exception of the special catsup it came with - an acquired taste, I believe. My friend had the Pulled Pork Sandwich and had I known how good that looked I would have ordered it instead. Overall, I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant.

Jim R, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Hi Gary B

Thanks for the awesome review! I'm glad you had a great time. Our burgers are fantastic! Please stop in next time your up at the lake. See you soon!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Our family has eaten at the Hard Rock restaurant every year for the past 15 Years. All items on the menu are yummy. The service is outstanding. Our most recent server met our every need. With newborn twins and a toddler, our server was there to get our food and drinks and ogle at the babies. Whenever we come to Tahoe, the Hard Rock is always one of our favorites.

Hi margikubiak5

Thanks for the great review! I'm really glad you stopped in to see us! We really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your visit. Thanks again and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

We often eat at Hard Rock Cafes at many destinations. We will avoid this one in the future. We had a table of 9. The service was actually quite good, but the food quality was very poor. Not just one meal, but all 9. My wife and I shared the big appetiser. They were "out" of the spring rolls and only offered to substitute frys. When questioned they said that was the best they could do. Looking around the table after the meal, you saw only about 1/2 of the food eaten because it was simply bad. Even our granddaughter would not eat her macaroni and cheese...it was clumpy and hard. Then the check arrived and at an average of about $18 / head before tip, we saw little to smile about.

Hi abroome

I really apologize for your experience in our café. I would like to talk to you about your experience and get some details about your experience. Please call me at #775-588-6200. My apologies. I hope to talk to you soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

To get into this casino (Harvey's) was a pain, but once inside even worse from the lack of signs to the Hard Rock Cafe. The Hard Rock Cafe gift shop though wasn't much of a help either because they are not right next to each other. Very odd.

Anyway, I was having some misgivings about seating once there because the reviews weren't all that great on my phone. Yet on a Friday night, Heavenly village is extremely packed with long wait lines at its restaurants. No line at Hard Rock and prompt seating.

Our waitress was super friendly which gave it a great start! She got us started on our beverages quickly and when we tried our drinks we were not disappointed. Thank you bartender for not being stingy on the rum!

Next up when our food arrived it was delivered by a very cool guy giving us info on the salmon dish we ordered. As soon as we dug in, we were just in awe! I could even hear the patrons beside me exclaiming the same of how good the food was! I had the BBQ onion ring burger with fries that were so delicious paired with a spicy ketchup. Burger was spot on! Mmmm !

We were happy we ended up at this restaurant and was not greeted with the run of the mill food quality. Great job Hard Rock and staff! Seems like you all are working great together to deliver fast service and quality items. Thanks for what was a 2 hour search for a place to eat one worth looking for. Cheers!

Jim R, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Hi mcseven

Thanks for the Rock Star review! We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience. Our Salmon is awesome. Our drinks are even better! Please stop in next time your back at the lake. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

We went to the one in our hotel (Harvey’s) food was good, large portions and friendly waiter! It was a great experience and everyone should try this place to eat! Loved the music!!

Hi X5878WUkarenc

Thanks for the awesome review! Thanks for letting us know about your experience! Stop in anytime!