“Good Food”
Review of Cafe Del Rio

Cafe Del Rio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Food is very good, but expensive for what it is. Can have long wait times to get seated. Their Mexican dishes are good.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

VA. City is a huge tourist trap. I generally do not go near cities like this. But we had a nice drive up the Mtn. until we hit main street. A jumble of crowded kitsch emporiums.
Luckily we found this wonderful Mex. restaurant on the edge of town. Just far enough out to not be in the trap itself. Our food was very good. Portions are large. My wife and I split a salad and order of cheese enchiladas. Chips and salsa were also tasty. Service was friendly and efficient. In my opinion, this place would be the only reason to visit town.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I had grilled fish tacos that had big chunks of avacados and a very tasty sauce! My husband had the chicken dinner special which was tasty and very filling! Nice lunch!

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Wonderful food at reasonable prices. Alternatives to Mexican also available. We went because it was the only thing open at 7pm, but it was excellent. Friendly, helpful people, too. Quick service, given the crowd.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and i were in town for Hot August Nites. The food was so good, we had dinner there twice. Reservations recommended on weekends.
I had one of the best carnitas meals ever, twice. My wife had the Little Blue Pot. It is chicken thighs, avocado, beans and rice. She loved it, also twice. The apricot cheesecake is a perfect finish to the evening.
We'll definitely be back next year.