“The best nighttime restaurant in town.”
Review of Cafe Del Rio

Cafe Del Rio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Great New Mexico style Mexican food on this menu, but on Saturday night and some other nights, the chef does super specials, like prime rib, and fried chicken w/gravy. Yum. Wonderful service.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I recently enjoyed the opportunity for my first dinner at Cafe Del Rio and it certainly will not be my last. As the name suggests, the general fare is Mexican, but don’t overlook the specials! I had an excellent prime rib dinner and my husband had the fish special. Both were delicious. As an added bonus dinner was a quiet retreat away from the “Street Vibrations” hubbub.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Food is very good, but expensive for what it is. Can have long wait times to get seated. Their Mexican dishes are good.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

VA. City is a huge tourist trap. I generally do not go near cities like this. But we had a nice drive up the Mtn. until we hit main street. A jumble of crowded kitsch emporiums.
Luckily we found this wonderful Mex. restaurant on the edge of town. Just far enough out to not be in the trap itself. Our food was very good. Portions are large. My wife and I split a salad and order of cheese enchiladas. Chips and salsa were also tasty. Service was friendly and efficient. In my opinion, this place would be the only reason to visit town.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I had grilled fish tacos that had big chunks of avacados and a very tasty sauce! My husband had the chicken dinner special which was tasty and very filling! Nice lunch!