“Great Room , Great Hotel - Dinning Not So Great!!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in West Wendover
Reviewed 3 September 2008

We went with friends to Wendover Nugget on a casino flight out of Topeka Kansas. The flight there was great except for our seats were to all be together and my husband and I were 3 rows up from the rest of our group. On the way home we switched seats and we were all together, but we were an hour delayed because they could not get the ground air to work. SO the plane was HOT but did cool off once in the air. We had a fuel stop in Salt Lake City, again we had no air on the ground. That was the only complaint on the flight that we had.

Now the room:
We all booked a deluxe room when we made the reservations. We did have contact with the property before we left and they seemed really nice especially Mr. Jukes. He handled the group from the flight.

When we got to our room we found out that it was a spa suite. VERY clean and VERY nice. Our friend were 2 rooms down and our parents were not close to us. Their room was a deluxe room, so I called the front desk and asked if they could be moved to a spa suite. They moved them to the honeymoon suite, since they did not have a spa suite available. Well, their spa would not work so the next day they moved them to the Bar Suite, on the first floor in the main building, and everything was great.

Dinning:
Well the food was just okay not as good as I expected. The service was very slow in the Golden Harvest Cafe, but the staff was very pleasant.

NOW the BAD one!!!!! The Nugget Steakhouse - We wanted a nice meal before we left and at first everything was great. Once we received our food my steak did not taste as good as I expected it, but everyone else said that theirs were good. The waitress we had was HORRIBLE my husband waited for a new coke for 30 minutes, then when we told the hostess, that brought our checks, she said no one brought one, we said no. Her next comment was here are you checks, NOT let me get you one. Then we had coupons for a free entree. We let the waitress know when we ordered and the checks did not reflect that. We asked the hostess if she would recalculate and she said NO, just deduct the lowest entree price. We asked her again if she would recalculate and she said NO. We never saw our waitress again until we were leaving and she went out to get her tip, VERY SMALL TIP, off of the table when we left.

We will stay at this property again, it was great, we just wont eat there again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank pfisher72

Reviewed 29 August 2008

After reading several negative reviews about the Nugget we were pleasantly surprised when we got there to find a nice hotel with beautiful rooms, accommodating personnel and wonderful food. We learned a valuable lesson, don't believe negative remarks from people. We had a wonderful four days at the Nugget , very relaxing, and we had lots of fun at the casino.
We polled the other people on our flight and the concensus was that they will all go back to the Nugget for their gambling junkets.

Reviewed 27 August 2008

We had a large group of people and our rooms were booked well in advance. It worked out great because most of us were altogether. The rooms were clean and the air conditioning kept us cool. The pool area and pool was clean and there seemed to always be enough chairs and lounges.
The casinos in the area had a great shuttle service that seemed to run every ten to fifteen minutes. The drivers were all courteous and helpful.
Check out time was not quite like I had thought it should be but because we were pressed for time I had to let my problem go. A few days later a telephone call to the Nugget more than satisfied my problem. I was very impressed with the professional way this was handled.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2008

We usually stay at another hotel when driving through Wendover but decided this trip to stay at a different hotel. Bad move!
When we arrived in our room we found we had no towels. I found the maid and she brought them to our room. But then saw that there were no face cloths so I had to search the maid down again to get the face cloths. The bed was very uncomfortable. The carpet was filthy dirty with a dead scorpion laying against the wall. The pool and spa seemed to be clean until the jets in the spa stopped and all the bugs floated to the top. We had a pleasant dining experience but only because we walked across the street to another casino restuarant to eat.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank JayCee66
Reviewed 27 June 2008

I have stayed here many times and each time I am amazed that they are still in business. Rooms are not well cared for and the overall shape of the hotel is not good. I can't imagine a nice casino like the Nugget having such poor facilities supporting it.. The buffet that is served daily is of poor quality and is not very well maintained. We go there because we are offered free rooms but even with the free rooms I am having second thoughts.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Jiddodon
0.7 km away
Motel 6 Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
#4 of 7 in Wendover

Been to Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!