Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino
US$45
Priceline
  • Pool
US$73
All reviewsgreat casinopoker roomthe room was nicestarbucksfunslots
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We frequent Wendover and have stayed in many of the casinos there but our favorite is the nugget. They used to send out a lot more coupons to us and we wish they still did, but after staying at the Montego (the beds were incredibly hard) and Rainbow (horrible customer service), we decided to stay at the Nugget every time we come now. Yeah the rooms may seem "worn" or "outdated" in the tower but they're clean! I would much rather have that. They also have a great of sized pool. Overall they treated us right so we will return.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Where do you start...I selected this hotel on a stop over from flying back from Oshkosh. The other three "better" hotels across the street were full. At $83 with tax and charges for one night I would have expected something a bit better than the following.

Non smoking - yes that means no smoking in the room. In this case it should have meant no smoking in the room today. It reeked of stale smoke.

The bathroom - as I walked into the room on the right was the bathroom. I'm not a perfectionist but I would have to say neither is the hotel maintenance staff. The sink wouldn't drain, so if you brushed your teeth wash your face or hands all the water just sat there and slowly trickle through the sink. As I walked in the shower/toilet area you can't help but notice the ceiling had paint peeling off of it. The shower was pretty dirty around the fixtures and glass and the door would not close due to the door frame not fitting the door correctly.

Room decor - The bed was not too bad, but as I lied back for a quick nap you could not help but notice the popcorn ceiling and texture wallpaper from the 60s and 70s. Just a tad old. Before I tried to take a nap I did pull the curtains shut that are supposed to block out the sunlight, but the curtain was so riddled with holes it looked like a shotgun blast. See picture. The furniture was okayed but a little dated.

The pool - after my nap I venture downstairs to find the outside pool. There were no signs anywhere around the elevators or in the lobby. After a few attempts a different floor levels I did find the pool on the third floor. As I walked into the pool area it was screwing with used towels, and fresh the towel rack was empty. The pool was clean but not to the pool furniture was either rusting or broken.

This hotel needs either a new maintenance staff, or just hire a maintenance staff to keep up with all of these issues. Next time I'll call Way ahead and book across the street.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2017

I stayed here on 7/28/17. I stayed in the deluxe so it is the room I can review. It was clean, the bed & pillows were comfortable and it was nice and quiet. I liked how the ac was not the type under the window that keeps you up all night, this ac was quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe room
Reviewed 29 July 2017

Great hotel always a good time. They ha d made a mistake on my reservation and they made sure to make it right by upgrading me to a suite. They have the nicest staff ever!! Definitely better than the competition.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Love Staying at the nugget it's not as expensive as montego and the service staff is friendlier. I wish they would keep the pool hall bar area open more often though. Loved the outdoor pool and its a nice place to gamble not as over crowded as peppermill.

Room Tip: $30 rooms sun-thurs get a players card for rewards