“Worst service ever”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in West Wendover
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I understand this place isn't a 4 star hotel, but I would expect at least some basic customer service.

The first night we were in the room I went to the front desk and asked for a few more pillows to the room. After an hour and a half of nothing I called the front desk and asked again. After another hour it was late and I fell asleep... still no pillows.
Second night on our way to our room we told the front desk that we never got pillows and asked again for them, they said they would send them up. Another hour and half later and still no pillows. Went down to the front desk to ask what was going on, they told me there was no housekeeping so there was nothing they could do. I asked to speak with a member of management and was told there was nobody here until tomorrow. (Worth noting that these are kids and completely disrespectful).

I went out to the casino floor and found a pit boss and explained everything that happened and asked if there was anything he could do for us, he said he would take care of it. Low and behold not more than 10 minutes later there was a MAINTENANCE man knocking bringing us some pillows.

Like I said, I understand this isn't a 4 star hotel, but I would expect at least a modicum of professionalism. I also understand that there really isn't a lot of options in the town so this isn't going to change anything, but I will say that I will be taking my money elsewhere. I will continue to use my free money they give and free rooms, but MY money will be going to the other casinos.

Room Tip: Different hotel...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our way home to Reno from Colorado. We have stayed in casino hotels before and always have had good experiences. Not this time! The room was "basic" and that's a generous description. There was no ice bucket in the room so we called the front desk for one. We did not get one so we made do with the plastic bag in our cooler. There is an easy chair in the corner of the room with no light anywhere near! What good is that?

I realize that most casinos allow smoking but in the restaurants?? This one does. The clientele here does not mesh with what we are used to and perhaps we should've done our homework before checking in. I probably would've taken one look at the room and said to my husband, "Let's move on" but after a long day of driving we were beat and decided to suck it up and spend the night. We will be leaving in the morning at first light.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We had concert tickets and wanted a place to stay the night. We stayed in a delux room. It was clean, bed was old and so were the pillows. Mirror in bathroom broken, huge holes in the draperies,,,room 560....would not reccomend. But it was better than driving 100 miles home late. We reserved a week ahead, so this wasn't the only room left....

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OldFoodie52
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We frequent Wendover and have stayed in many of the casinos there but our favorite is the nugget. They used to send out a lot more coupons to us and we wish they still did, but after staying at the Montego (the beds were incredibly hard) and Rainbow (horrible customer service), we decided to stay at the Nugget every time we come now. Yeah the rooms may seem "worn" or "outdated" in the tower but they're clean! I would much rather have that. They also have a great of sized pool. Overall they treated us right so we will return.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Where do you start...I selected this hotel on a stop over from flying back from Oshkosh. The other three "better" hotels across the street were full. At $83 with tax and charges for one night I would have expected something a bit better than the following.

Non smoking - yes that means no smoking in the room. In this case it should have meant no smoking in the room today. It reeked of stale smoke.

The bathroom - as I walked into the room on the right was the bathroom. I'm not a perfectionist but I would have to say neither is the hotel maintenance staff. The sink wouldn't drain, so if you brushed your teeth wash your face or hands all the water just sat there and slowly trickle through the sink. As I walked in the shower/toilet area you can't help but notice the ceiling had paint peeling off of it. The shower was pretty dirty around the fixtures and glass and the door would not close due to the door frame not fitting the door correctly.

Room decor - The bed was not too bad, but as I lied back for a quick nap you could not help but notice the popcorn ceiling and texture wallpaper from the 60s and 70s. Just a tad old. Before I tried to take a nap I did pull the curtains shut that are supposed to block out the sunlight, but the curtain was so riddled with holes it looked like a shotgun blast. See picture. The furniture was okayed but a little dated.

The pool - after my nap I venture downstairs to find the outside pool. There were no signs anywhere around the elevators or in the lobby. After a few attempts a different floor levels I did find the pool on the third floor. As I walked into the pool area it was screwing with used towels, and fresh the towel rack was empty. The pool was clean but not to the pool furniture was either rusting or broken.

This hotel needs either a new maintenance staff, or just hire a maintenance staff to keep up with all of these issues. Next time I'll call Way ahead and book across the street.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
0.7 km away
Motel 6 Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
#4 of 7 in Wendover

Been to Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!