“Nice cool Rooms”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in West Wendover
Reviewed 10 August 2017

The room was nice and cool when we arrived which was great because it was hot out! It was very clean. The only thing was the hall ways smelled funny and very humid. The casino was fun and they have a nice sports bar downstairs with music!

Room Tip: Cool Rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Our room was very clean and the beds are comfortable. I have never had a problem when staying at the nugget. My husband was also impressed by the room and he is pretty picky. I enjoy all the machines, and the nice places they have to eat. The gift shop is just as big and nice as any of the other casino's.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We got a room in the newer updated section of the hotel. I thought it was pretty nice actually. I would stay there again. I thought the customer service was fine. Not sure what all these people expect who put negative reviews.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is long from its hay day. They have invested a bit into their casino over the years, but the rooms are run down and in need of some work.
We stayed in the tower near the pool with our kids. We reserved 2 adjoining rooms, which we did not get, our room was down the hall. Broken glass littered our patio. And when my daughter pulled back her cover on her made bed, there was dried white, mucus looking stuff.
Needless to say, it was a better trip than some that we have had there. We have checked into rooms that had blood on the walls, water dripping from the ceiling, punch holes in the walls, boogers on the ceiling, and some really gross unidentifiable things on the TV remote. If you are looking for a cheap room, it works. If you care where you stay, go up the street a little bit.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I understand this place isn't a 4 star hotel, but I would expect at least some basic customer service.

The first night we were in the room I went to the front desk and asked for a few more pillows to the room. After an hour and a half of nothing I called the front desk and asked again. After another hour it was late and I fell asleep... still no pillows.
Second night on our way to our room we told the front desk that we never got pillows and asked again for them, they said they would send them up. Another hour and half later and still no pillows. Went down to the front desk to ask what was going on, they told me there was no housekeeping so there was nothing they could do. I asked to speak with a member of management and was told there was nobody here until tomorrow. (Worth noting that these are kids and completely disrespectful).

I went out to the casino floor and found a pit boss and explained everything that happened and asked if there was anything he could do for us, he said he would take care of it. Low and behold not more than 10 minutes later there was a MAINTENANCE man knocking bringing us some pillows.

Like I said, I understand this isn't a 4 star hotel, but I would expect at least a modicum of professionalism. I also understand that there really isn't a lot of options in the town so this isn't going to change anything, but I will say that I will be taking my money elsewhere. I will continue to use my free money they give and free rooms, but MY money will be going to the other casinos.

Room Tip: Different hotel...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
0.7 km away
Motel 6 Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
#4 of 7 in Wendover

Been to Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!