“Great Lunch”
Review of Primo

Primo
Ranked #10 of 22 Restaurants in West Wendover
Description: Enjoy hearty portions of our favorite entrees any time of day at Primo. Choose from our full menu of mouthwatering menu items for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Welcome the day with a hearty breakfast or enjoy your favorite sandwiches, soups, salads and dinner entrees. Open 24 hours.
Reviewed 26 July 2017

My wife and I went to lunch here after hitting the pool in the morning. It was very busy but the restaurant had plenty of wait staff. We sat at the counter to watch the cooks and waitresses interact. We got lunch and a show. Beyond that, the hamburger I got was one of the best I have had in 2017. My wife would not share her patty melt. That tells me it was excellent. When I return to West Wendover (and I will) Primo's will definitely get a return visit from me.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Food was pretty good, prices were fair, but the service was so slow, we almost left before a waitress even brought us water and menus. Then the wait for the food was twice as long and we were soooo hungry by the time that it finally got there. Waitress only refilled water once during that entire wait and dining.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

I went in for a late lunch. Having become a vegetarian a couple of years ago, my choices are often limited. But, I found mozzarella sticks and a house salad on the menu, which seemed perfect for a late lunch. The mozzarella sticks were not too bad, and the marinara was pretty good. The salad was okay, mostly iceberg lettuce, grape tomatoes, a few cucumbers, cheese, and croutons. The bleu cheese dressing was really delicious. I had asked for an egg for my salad since I felt needed some protein. Most restaurants will add one for no charge. When I got the bill they charged me $2.95 for the egg. My total was over $19 for those items and a soda (not including tip). I spent about $14 at The Italia for a glass of house wine, salad, bread sticks, and a very nice spaghetti with tomatoes and garlic sauce. Save your money and go to The Italia for dinner.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

This was our first visit to Wendover although we do go to Vegas yearly. This restaurant is located at the Rainbow Hotel in the corner by the casino table games portion. We ate at the Primo Café once for dinner and once for breakfast. For our dinner one had a chef salad and the other a sandwich with fries. The salad, although it says seasonal greens was only iceberg lettuce but rest of ingredients as indicated. It was difficult to handle as it came in a small tilted bowl that kept tipping and not enough room to mix or cut the salad.
The sandwich and fries were good though. They have some senior choices which are smaller servings at a reduced price from the regular menu. The restaurant was not very busy either time we went and it was clean but we did notice yellow caution tape on ends of the booths so much be replacing end caps or something. The service was good except both times we had to go hunt for the server to get our tickets. The second time all the servers were standing around visiting with each other so we just stood at cashier stand until one came over to check us out. They were friendlier with each other than with the customers. Our breakfast was not as good as the one we had at Red Garter. Our eggs and hash browns were cooked too long for our liking as they were dried out and the biscuit was not a nice texture either. They were fine with splitting the tickets, for larger group though, when you pay at cashier station. I believe this restaurant is open 24/7. We would probably try them again for lunch or dinner, as they are convenient, but not for breakfast again.
Right at the entrance of this restaurant is a tiny deli which is located in the corner by the table games and next to Primo Restaurant. It has a good menu of a variety of sandwich choices as well as fries and such. We ordered the Derby (served on small sub bun) and a Rueben (served on rye) sandwiches and both were fresh ingredients and tasty. We also each ordered fries but could have shared one order. The fries were cooked nicely and crisp.
The service was fast and seating plentiful. You decide from the board menu at the deli and then go to order/pay at the restaurant cashier a few steps away. We would definitely grab a bite here again, rather than the restaurant, trying something different each time.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We ate here because we had a balance left on a gift card but weren't hungry enough for the buffet. My husband got a burger that was fairly good sized and I got the hot beef sandwich. I thought they were very chintzy on the portion of both the bread and potatoes on mine. The gravy was edible but just barely. Let's just say that I won't get this again and might not eat there again. They charged almost $3 for both a cup of coffee and my soda. It also took forever from when we ordered until we got our food.