“Last minute Weekend Getaway”
Review of Villager Motel

Villager Motel
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Boyfriend had a Mountain Bike race at Attitash and decided last minute to participate. We booked the Villager Motel because it was Pet Friendly, regardless of breed and it was 5 minutes from mountain. The Villager was perfect for us and our two furry babies it was easy to find, even at 1 am, and it's centrally located in Bartlett. They have a small trail to walk dogs that leads to Saco River in the back. Next time bringing water sneakers to go in with the dogs. To your right we went to Bart's Deli and General Store for breakfast-1 pancake is all you need and for dinner we took a left and went to Margarita's Grill for yummy organic Mexican. (10 minute drive). The Villager is also close to Kancamagus Highway in White Mountains. I was able to take dogs onto scenic spots and trails without a problem. We definitely will pick Villager Motel next time we are in Bartlett and hopefully stay longer to take advantage of all the outdoor activities.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Very nice and not too expensive place to stay in The White Mountains! The room was clean and neat! They have free wifi, tv with many channels. We had a room with 2 queen beds, also there was a small table with 2 chairs near the window, and a small refrigerator + microwave in the bathroom ( the bathroom is divided into 2 separate spaces). Outside, they have tables with chairs and barbecue stations. Also, there is a pool outside, where you can soak in the evening!
Hope to get there soon again!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

I tryed to reserve room online then called hotel to ask a question and was told to cancel online reservation so they didn't have to pay the website commission. Then I got the email with cancelation but no confirmation for reservation on the phone. Non American owners... Shampoo/body wash dispenser on the wall... no little toiletries provided. Toilet paper fell out of holder and never managed to get it back in right..... WORM BUG thing in shower so afraid to shower now... just looking for yucky stuff because of the worm thing... creeped out. For the money that is charged I expected better : (

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

They were so accomodating. I messed up my check in and out dates. The two called to see what time I would be in. I explained to them I thought my check in was Saturday. She told me not to worry. Upon my arrival Saturday, we were getting really late to check in. I called and the same sweet woman said no problem. They left they key in a specified room for us and said see you in the morning. Our room was a little dated but very, very clean. I enjoyed sitting outside of my room for a few hours just listening to the birds. I will definitely be back and recommend.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2016

I had called to reserve the chalet, because I had seen an online special. I called and informed them that I had seen the chalet online and would like to know if it was available. I should have known to not schedule, by the woman on the phone burping in my ear. The chalet was not by any means the cleanest place I have stayed. The bathroom was disgusting, but the rest of the place looked clean. The bathroom was so dirty, it made me question the cleanliness of the rest of the chalet. The nicest part of the stay was the fireplace.

When it came time to check out they tried to charge me full price. When I brought up the online price, they said I had to schedule online. I pointed out that no where on their website stated that nor did they even bring that up when I had called to find out about the availability and distinctly mentioned the advertised price on their website.

Basically, check your receipt and make sure they actually give you the room at the rate they advertise. Because the cheapness of the chalet was the only thing appealing about it. Oh, and they claim to have wi fi, but the chalet doesn't get it.

Room Tip: The chalet doesn't get the wi fi. Stay in one of the regular rooms the chalet is overpriced.