Sky Valley Motel & Cottages
Villager Motel(Bartlett)
US$55
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
US$105
Bartlett Inn(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
US$79
Swiss Chalets Village Inn(Intervale)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$58
US$89
Attitash Motel(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$89
Attitash Mountain Village(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
US$99
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewssaco riverfire pitwhite mountainsgas grillrun aroundfull kitchengreat place for familiesnew hampshirekids lovenice poolshort driveliving roomsanta's villagedavechaletplaygroundproperty
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 March 2017

We just finished a stay a Sky Valley during Feb vacation. We have stayed here a few times, usually in summer but most recently tied a winter trip.

Summer time: great place for families! Mixture, of motel style rooms and cottage rentals. There is a large central playground for kids as well as a large outdoor pool. There is also easy river access to wade/swim and play.

Winter: There are only a few cottages available in winter and the resources are more limited. It's a very quiet spot for a winter get away.

Always: The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. They are not brand new and show some wear but nothing major. Dave and Maureen always want to know if there are any problems and will do everything they can if there is.

It's just down the road from Attatash so you are close enough for easy access to N.Conway but not so close as to be in the crowds during peak seasons.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Dave E, Manager at Sky Valley Motel & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2017

We are glad you took the time to share your Sky Valley experience and we are always happy to hear that everything was exactly as you expected. We do only keep two of our larger cottages open in the winter. That has the advantage that you get our entire 35 acres and river-front all to yourself, a great benefit for those who don't want to deal with noisy neighbors. We look forward to seeing you again whenever you can get here.

Thank you for your input.

Dave & Maureen

Reviewed 26 January 2017

Have you ever looked wistfully at a picture with snow in the mountains, moonlit nights, a place with your own fireplace, where you can sleep with the curtains open to stare at the stars at night or the snow drifting down in the morning and thought, I want to go there, where is it? THIS is the place, people, right here in Bartlett, NH!

Craving solitude in the beauty of the White Mountains, I visited for the long weekend this month. As the majority of the place is shut down for the winter, I had the property to myself. I got the quiet I wanted, the silence of the night, the starry nights, the snow in the mornings. I had a wood fire in the fireplace each of the three nights I was there - how lovely, to just sit and stare and watch the flames dance and play and change with each moment. I had no need to close the drapes, as there were no other guests on property.

I arrived Friday evening to see a very cheery looking place awaiting me - several lights were on so I didn't have to stumble through the darkness. The unit was comfortably warm and the fire was laid (I had requested this, for a very reasonable fee) so all I had to do was touch a light to it and voila! I had a fire cracking within moments. I have stayed at other places in the Valley in the past, and not one of them ever was as welcoming upon an after-dark arrival. I will also note, when staying here during the summer and the place is booked full, I have seen Maureen going into units to make sure the lights are on, the refrigerator is on, and the units are welcoming - a very nice touch!

So, lest I bore you, make that call right now to book your winter visit! Don't forget, there are restaurants and general stores with 3-4 miles, so you needn't go into the Village for necessities. If you want quiet, this is it - and if you are craving people, you can go just a little ways and have that, then return to the peace and unwind.

Disclaimer: I have no monetary or business interest in Sky Valley, I just enjoy it there, and want others to share the joy!
- Lauran

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Lauran C

OK Lauran, you made this sound like it came straight from a New York City advertising company. Luckily, we know you are not an advertising executive, a travel agent nor did we pay you anything for your kind words. But you are one of our most loyal customers and you have pointed out some features of our management style and reasons why so many people make Sky Valley "their" quiet spot to escape their hectic and sometimes stressful home/work environment.

We are pleased that Sky Valley is your favorite get away place and you can be sure we will do whatever we can to stay at the top of your list.

Maureen (and Dave too)

Reviewed 10 December 2016

I stayed here with my family a few years ago and I went up from Boston to visit a friend and stay with him this past fall and forgot I was here before. I had no interaction with staff and did not use the pool. I stayed in cottage #5 and it was dirty and run down, just like chalet #3. The smell inside the rooms was terrible. The grounds were ill-kept and overgrown. I went over the positives reviews the night I slept here and noticed the 5 and 4 star reviews were from mostly people who only posted 1 or 2 reviews. Being someone who stayed here once purpose and the second time by accident, I find it difficult to believe that these reviewers felt so strongly about this place that they needed to create a profile and place a review. I've been to this area roughly 20 times over the course of my life and have found this place to be vastly overrated as well as overpriced.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Dave E, Manager at Sky Valley Motel & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

We wonder how someone could "forget" someplace they seem to so thoroughly dislike? That's kind of like me forgetting that I hate turnips.

Everyone has their own ideas about cleanliness and odors. Ironically the last several reviews of Cottage 5 (and many other units) made a point of saying how clean everything is. Others mention the grounds, which are a far cry from being ill-kept or "overgrown". There are many recent reviews that directly contradict each statement in your unhappy experience.

Obviously, the majority of people do find us to be such a memorable experience that they go out of their way to create a trip advisor profile and share their thoughts. It's not a conspiracy nor to we offer any incentive for folks to do so.

We are the first to admit that Sky Valley is not on a par with a four-star Sheraton Hotel, nor do we want to be. Everyone has differing tastes and sometimes all the pictures on our website don't convey what some folks are expecting upon their arrival. To this end, we offer a guarantee. Most folks know within 15 minutes or so whether Sky Valley is "their kind of place", or not. Within those 15 minutes, those who are dissatisfied for any reason, are offered a full refund. We don't need anyone here who isn't completely satisfied.

We are truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations, but rest assured, we are not the only game in town. The choices are nearly infinite and we trust you will make a better selection the next time.

Dave

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Wife and I took our 3 year old granddaughter for a few days the July 4 week. To go spend a day at Storyland and Santa's Village . We spent 3 nights at Sky Valley. Well right off you notice the cottages are spaced apart for privacy. And each one has plenty of room.. With a picknic table, fire pit, and a new gas grill. When you sign in they ask for 5 bucks for use of the gas for the grill. That's Fair! They have wood stack and they tell you help yourself to the wood for the fire pit "no charge". The cabin is very clean, air conditioning, and wifi, and all works great, we had two bedrooms each had its own bathroom. . Very spacious for four people, The grounds have and area for kids and it has swings and toys for kids of all ages, Pool was very clean and nice, people are awesome , Storyland just a few minutes away and when we made the reservations we also bought our tickets for both Storyland and Santas Village through Sky Village and saved a few bucks, my only problem with Sky Village was the bed are so hard! The second night I slept on the couch,, bring a foam mat next time, Everything is close by but you still feel like your in the woods,, great place. Worth the money. And if you go to Story land with your Little daughter or Granddaughter get tickets for tea with Cinderella my little buddy is still talking about it.

Stayed: July 2016

Thank you for your very positive review of Sky Valley. We do take great strides to keep everything clean and inviting. I think you touched on every positive feature. Firmness of mattresses is a personal concern, not only in this unit, but all units. We can have one person describe the mattress as too hard, yet another person, in the same unit, same mattress says it's too soft. We can't win on that score....

Glad everything else was what you expected and we hope to see you again.

Dave & Maureen

Reviewed 27 October 2016

We really enjoyed our three night stay. The cabin was comfortable for our family. We bought some wood at a local store so we could use the firepit, it was very relaxing. The cabin is far enough from the other cabins which offers privacy. I know the photos I have posted don't show Cabin 8 in the best light, I just wanted to post honest representations of the cabin. Yes, you will find well worn items but overall everything was in pretty good working order. Great location, easy walk to the river, and short drive to stores and attractions. We would rent this cabin again and have recommended it to friends.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments. We really do appreciate helpful criticism and are glad that the "issues" you found were minor and didn't interfere with your enjoyment Sky Valley provides. We are definitely a unique experience that most folks find relaxing and refreshing.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Maureen & Dave