“Excellent stay for an overnight or two!”
Review of Attitash Motel

Attitash Motel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We booked this trip last minute and we have a small dog. They allow dogs and are pet friendly. Well this place was way beyond my expectations, as I have stayed in N. Woodstock, this beats that place hands down by 10x over.

We were greeted with a friendly, helpful staff. We were informed that we could use the Attitash Village up the road (1/2 mile up on the right hand side), they have 2 pools, tennis courts etc. We were only here to sleep but we did venture up on Sat night after dinner as they had marsmallows by the tennis courts with a fire pit till 10pm.

The room, was 2715, we were across the street from the two story main area, and this was just fine with us. One building 4 rooms. We were on the very end. Had a wire mesh chair out front. Place was spotless and no dog or pet smell at all, no dog hair etc, spotless. Carpet was clean, the bathroom all tiled, with a huge Jacuzzi tub. Racks on the wall to hold the towels, blow dryer as well on the wall, trash can was under the sink, took me a second to find it.

The AC units in both rooms worked just fine, no issues, the water pressure was very good on the faucets etc. The kitchen is fully equiped with dishes pots pans cutelery etc.

We had one Queen bed with two nightstands, 2 lamps, bureau and a big screen tv on the wall, closet and the bathroom off the bedroom, then you walked into the other room, door between to a couch that pulled out to a queen sofa bed, 2 chairs, TV, bureau, coffee table and to the left a complete kitchen everything in there minus an oven, stove top, dishwasher, fridge, coffee pot etc with coffee.

There was ample towels, two on the rack and two bath under the sink with hand and facecloths, the only amenities was the two bars of soap, I brought my own shampoo. No shampoo. Plenty of toilet paper and a brand new clean box of tissues as well. Tile floors in the bathroom, spotless.

If you forgot toothpaste or any toiletry all you had to do was let the front desk know and you could grab it from them.

Again clean, clean clean. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. We had ventured on the Kancamagus Highway earlier in the day, headed to North Conway then up to Bartlett. Tons to do in this area, the motel was perfect. Had an ice maker across the street and vending machine too if you needed it. Up the road is a general store right before the Bear Notch Road, plus you had a supermarket at the junction of Rte 302 and 16 so you could buy food/water whatever you needed. We didn't require anything but everything is close by including great restaurants etc.

No key cards, your in NH, its keys! Worked just fine and deadbolts on the inside with a chain as well, felt completely safe.

Love this place and will be back in a heartbeat for leaf peeping come this fall.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank 46oceangirl

Reviewed 22 August 2016

My family and I have a vacation home in another part of NH and ski at Attitash regularly in the winter, This trip was to attend a wedding of a great friend in the area. The motel was fantastic, very clean and relaxing. it was indeed away from the hussle and bussle of the area in the summer. It is one mile from the full service resort of which you can use all of the offerings. I found this to be a great place to stay, and recommend it. I would offer one bit of advice to the resort. I was away on vacation and got a call just after 9am from the resort pushing the time share options and would we like to take a 90 minute tour. needless to say as a couple who do not get away often from their three little kids and 4 dogs at home, we were not exactly looking to be awake at 9am on a Saturday. I recommend to future guests if you do not want the sales pitch then inform the desk when you arrive or its likely you will have a special wake up call! all in all this is a real jewel not to be missed especially in the non ski season! a real treat to get away.

Room Tip: when you check in, opt out of the time share sales pitch!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2016

Been years since I stayed here and not much has changed since. I was hiking in the area for a few days and this spot is a great central location. Stayed in the separate small building across the street from the main building. It is quite dated, basic, no frills but actually quiet and quite nice and clean. One has a pleasant sitting area with a couple of chairs in the rear outside that is wooded and private. In the outside front there were a couple chairs but would have been better to have a small table to use – across the street in the big building noticed some had tables from what I could see. The leaf on the table in the room was broken so you could not use it as a table, which was disappointing when trying to use laptop or have something to eat.
Confusion with the light switch when you 1st walk in and where the nightstand and clock are plugged in – seemed to work against each other. Security definitely needs updating – they still use the old keys that anyone can duplicate, I put a chair in front of the doorknob for added security but there is also a backdoor entrance.
Rarely able to get the free ‘wifi’ unless I stood outside with my phone. The internet seemed ok most of the time inside the room.
There is a microwave and small fridge in the bathroom that are convenient but no separate sink-just the bathroom sink which was ok. The tiny shower is a mystery – there is absolutely no way one can turn on the water and have the water NOT go out the shower door onto the floor before you get in and shut it. Extremely poor design and very wet. Glad I’m not paying for the soon to be new floor. There is also confusion where things/amenities actually are – the documents mostly refer to the main location a few miles down the street so it does get confusing esp if you are not familiar with the area. One has to travel to the pool, gym, restaurant etc so be aware. Dumpster was overflowing when I was there (several days) which was not good as that attracts bears and other critters
Staff very friendly and helpful. It is basic, no frills and reasonably priced – good for hikers or budget conscious. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2016

We came to the Attitash Motel after extending our trip from Storyland. The rooms were kind of old, but it was clean enough. There is a TV and hot tub in each room. There were three problems. only one fridge, no kitchen. There was nobody staffing at the front desk, and our room had a view of a dumpster. This place is good for a night or two, but if you are planning to stay for three nights or more, I would go to Attitash Village down the road which has a pool, Playground, Tennis court and hiking trails. The rooms are also nicer in Attitash Village.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2016

We stayed at the Attitash Motel for 4 nights last week. It was a very relaxing stay . We were in a king suite with a full kitchen. We had our dogs with us . The room was clean and large. A comfortable king bed in the bedroom that was easy to sleep in . Two wonderful big screen TV 's in the sitting room and bedroom . A full kitchen, I was able to cook 3 dinners with no problem. It was quiet we never heard the family next to us with kids and dogs. Housekeeping was very good cleaned the kitchen left enough towels for our use . Internet was good .And close to all attractions in the area . We will return here .

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank rubysox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
19.1 km away
15.4 km away
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#4 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Attitash Motel? Share your experiences!