Open today: 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Reviewed 20 July 2020
GregJP
Danvers, Massachusetts
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2020

We had a 3:00 reservation and checked in prior to that. We were told to wait outside and wait we did. Despite observing a few empty tables, we waited and waited. Finally, after almost an hour, and seeing a group be seated long after we arrived, my wife and I decided to leave.
We gave Averill the courtesy of having them take us off the wait list, and the reaction from what I believe to be one of the female owners, left a sour taste in our mouths. She reacted simply stating your table is opening up but we will take you off the list. Didn’t feel like she was cared in the slightest that we had made a reservation, waited for almost an hour without her once checking in with us and were now driving 45 minutes back home.

Date of experience: October 2020
1  Thank Karen S
Rcwracer, Owner at Averill House Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2021

Hello Karen, I am so sorry for the delay. With COVID our staffing levels could not accommodate the 200% increase in outside dinning. Our reservation system was overwhelmed. Due to your input we have adopted a reservation system that will be able to help with the upcoming season. We did our best last year but simply were overwhelmed. We would appreciate you giving us another try.

Reviewed 24 July 2020 via mobile

A winery within a short drive and well worth visiting. Hannah and Stephanie were wonderful and provided excellent service and hospitality and quite knowledgeable regarding their fine selection of wines.

Date of experience: July 2020

We are so excited you visited. This year we we have added new locations to enjoy the vines and a group of new wines. Make sure to swing by this spring and try the Mango Maple Muscato or the True Champion Cabernet Sauvignion.

Reviewed 20 July 2020 via mobile

Stopped by during an afternoon drive and were pleasantly surprised. Enjoyed a sampler flight in the gardens and had a wonderful conversation with Stephanie, one of the sibling owners. Nice wines and very friendly atmosphere. Stop by next chance that you get.

Date of experience: July 2020

Thank you so much for visiting. This year we are even having more fun as we open the Elephant Garden and introduce a Cabernet Sauvignon called True Champion and our Mango Maple Muscato!

Reviewed 9 July 2020

It was fun. My husband and I visited the winery to buy wine, we had been there before. They have new wines and wine slushies. They have a slushy machine and use wine as the flavoring. So delicious. The staff was knowledgeable and fun. I explained the kind of wine I enjoyed and they pick out the perfect matches. I especially recommend the Cherry/maple wine. They also conduct very interesting tours, which we have done before, plus they do wine tasting. They were very busy on July 4th. I would call ahead and make an appointment, or go on their web page and find out their hours and just drop by. Have fun.

Date of experience: July 2020

Thank you for the review. We enjoy your visits and look forward to see you again. We are introducing During March Madness our Mango Maple Muscato which I think you will enjoy!

Reviewed 7 February 2020 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in out of curiosity. What we found were interesting wines and a friendly, knowledgeable woman inside a great old converted barn. What a find ! Outside, nestled among the vines, is a welcoming comfortable sitting area for warm weather enjoyment. We absolutely will return.

Date of experience: October 2019
AverillHouseVineyard, Owner at Averill House Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2020

We are so excited you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to your return. We making Slushys and #WineCream (ice cream) for the summer!