“Great Sushi great place”

Moritomo Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 163 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Love the friendly staff and great food. It is a wonderful and satisfying experience. The sushi is always fresh. You can't beat the warm greeting we always get and some special sushi treats not on the menu. Our favorite place when we're in Concord.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

What a friendly hibachi experience. The food was really delicious and the staff very friendly. Even though we were only 2 around the table, the cook made sure to give us a nice show.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Only ever had sushi here as it is hard to pass up something that you know is gonna be awesome each and every time. We have been to many different restaurants that offer sushi but nothing compares to what we get at Moritomo. They guys there are very knowledgeable, very competent and very friendly. They recognized us after we had gone maybe 4 or 5 times, now they see us coming and immediately acknowledge us and make us feel welcome. I cannot stress enough how wonderful each experience has been every time we've gone, the food is outstanding!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Two of us ate there, I was OK but my companion was feeling ill almost as we left the restaurant. Later I heard that there was another restaurant having the same problem which was the raw fish.. Good service but!

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Overall, we had a decent meal with the ocean salad and the Alisha and Craig and Abby maki rolls. The major caution are the wasabi Shumai which were billed as mildly spicy dumplings. The problem was that the wasabi was unevenly distributed so that a few had the right amount of spice and two had inordinately high amounts which caused both my wife and I extreme discomfort. I suggest that the kitchen refine this recipe before it is further offered to guests.

We have eaten here many times before and generally are pleased; this was an unfortunate exception.

Been to Moritomo Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!