“Good food, great service”

Covered Bridge Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Contoocook
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2018

The view of the river was great and the overall atmosphere and service was wonderful. We came to Covered Bridge to try the Impossible Burger, it was... strange, but good and cooked well and paired nicely with a brioche bun and whatever you'd like on it. I was pleasantly surprised to find a few other delicious sounding vegetarian options. I went with the risotto, I have to say that this dish did not reflect the rest of the experience. It tasted like a frozen veggie mix with shredded carrots, white rice and gravy seasoned with black pepper, slopped onto a plate, not good, edible, but not good, and definitely not reflective of the vibe that the restaurant is giving off. There were some great mushrooms in there, but it seemed like a waste of a quality ingredient.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I eat here every once in a while. My sandwich was very tasty: it had a catchy name and it was basically a buffalo chicken wrap. The french fries were cold when I was given the plate, but I was so hungry I ate them without complaint. Great local no frills place. Our waitress was super nice and efficient.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Good food, attentive service in a friendly atmosphere. Locals in the bar and a dining room with some seating overlooking the river. Wide ranging menu - tried stuffed mushrooms and Japanese steak salad. Both were tasty. Looks like they have live music on Saturday nights.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Found the Covered Bridge Restaurant nestled in along the Contoocook River in town. Went after dark, so view wasn't much, but could see the river from the parking lot. We had to wait a very long time, and then the food took forever to get to the table. Once served, the meals were quite good. We started with drinks of an iced tea and a draft of Tuckerman Rockpile IPA. Our app was the Donna Dumplings. These were very tasty consisting of boiled and then fried dumplings filled with pork and ginger. They had a ginger/garlic sauce to dip in. Our Asian Emperor Tacos meal had three good size tacos filled with haddock, some onions, coleslaw and a coconut sauce. The tacos were served with a flavored rice that was good. Our Caesar Salad with grilled steak was just drowned in Ceasar dressing, which I love the taste of but there just was too much. I would rate the Asian Emperor Tacos as very good.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We had a delicious lunch here. They had a wide menu for so small a place. And good specials. They also accommodated our children

Date of visit: August 2017