All reviews other guests sitting room cookies room was very clean and comfortable new england first floor beautiful lake cathy hosts nh furniture highway suave pillows
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I have been to several bed and breakfeasts up and down the east and west coasts of this country and the shaker farm bed and breakfeast definitely is in the top one percent of all my stays. I was so pleased with Cathy and her husband joe, the way they treated all the guests, and her fantastic cooking skills as well as the general overall atmosphere of this bed and breakfeast. I will tell anyone who wants to visit New Hampshire to look into this place, you certainly will not be disappointed. I was also surprised at all the cable channels they give you as well as the WiFi. I wish I could of stayed a few more nights, that is how satisfied I am with this location. Ten stars if that was possible to do

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denis L
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

The B&B is located not far from a beautiful lake few minutes from highway 89
The room is big and nicely decorated
The owners are very friendly and helpful
The breakfast is great and the dining table and dishes are set as in an exclusive restaurant

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Stayed 2 nights at this lovely B&B. Their home and our room was very clean and comfortable, Joe and Cathy made us feel at home from our first phone call to make reservations and throughout our stay. We entered as strangers but left as friends. Breakfast was exceptional. If we are in this area again we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Cathy and Joe made us feel most welcome from the moment we approached the front door.

We stayed in a downstairs room with its own sitting room and access to the deck.

Breakfasts were yummy, with the traditional, fruit, a sweet, and protein, but the way that Cathy put it all together was both beautifully presented and imaginatively prepared.

Our hosts have a great sense of humor, and we enjoyed them thoroughly.

The two of them could not have been more generous and accommodating, even with my gluten-free restrictions.

We highly recommend Shaker Farm Bed & Breakfast!

Room Tip: See above, and as we did not see the other rooms, we cannot comment other than what we have already noted.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2017

I have to start my review by saying it felt like we were visiting friends and staying in their home. But, as much as we enjoyed our stay and any criticism feels like I'm being mean to friends, I want to write a review that other travelers can use to gather info and make their own decision about staying here.

The innkeepers live in the inn and are very warm and welcoming. But, you are in their space so don't stay here if you don't like the interaction. Like I said, just as if you are with friends. Guests use their kitchen and are welcome to hang out on the deck, which you need to go through their living room to get to. Cathy explained that the kitchen is open to guests to use the coffee machine or enjoy the home made cookies that are always on the counter.

Guest rooms are accessed through the kitchen to the central hall. Each room is unique and quirky. The Shaker Farm is an old house and has the sloping floors and musty odor that they sometimes do. My husband and I stayed in two different rooms during our visit and we preferred room 6 because it had a couch and easy chair. Room 4, that we were in the first two nights had a very uncomfortable wicker sitting area and a teeny bathroom. The toilet took up most of the floor space. There isn't a dedicated common seating area for guests, so comfort in the room is important. Don't expect luxury toiletries. Only a bottle of Suave shampoo and shower gel is provided. I found housekeeping to be spotty. No clean towels or real cleaning of the rooms during our stay.

Since this is a B&B breakfast is a big deal and Cathy goes the extra mile in her presentation and food choices. It's served usually at 8 or 8:30 at a communal table and conversation with the other guests is interesting and fun.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple