All reviews cookies new england epoch restaurant turn down service modern amenities an older building front street chain hotels bed was comfortable small refrigerator sitting room first floor stayed for one night guest rooms hotel restaurant business trip fitness center
Reviewed 16 March 2018

I booked the Exeter Inn through Priceline.com as a last minute hotel reservation. I was pleasantly surprised to arrive to a stately, beautiful brick "estate" type hotel. I was greeted warmly by Cindy at the front desk who learned it was my first time at the hotel and my first time in Exeter. She immediately

Room tip: 3rd floor I have heard has slanted ceilings due to the architecture of the building. If you are tall, I recommend staying on the 2nd floor.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tom_hotelier, General Manager at Exeter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Contentmom6,

Thank you so much for much for our review and for staying with us at the Exeter Inn and Epoch Restaurant & Bar!

We hope that we may be of service again in the future!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

What a wonderful surprise!

The hotel is terrific. I was welcomed by Cindy with a smile and good banter. The corner room was well appointed and comfy. Great firm bed. Two cookies in the room were SCRUMPTIOUS.

The fitness center leaves something to be desired, but I've seen worse.

Nice location... Exeter is an adorable little town and commutable to both Boston and Portsmouth.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Sazzy31,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay! We are so glad that you had such a pleasant experience!

We look forward to being your host again in the future! Please let us know whenever we may be of service!

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stay here regularly and this past month we were (happily) snowed in here for our wedding anniversary.
The staff make this place wonderful and gracious. The general manager is so personable, bartending and wait staff are on point and the kitchen ...the meals are supreme.
Highly recommend at any time of year!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Carolyn,

Thank you very much for choosing the Exeter Inn and Epoch Restaurant & Bar for your stay! We appreciate your feedback!

We look forward to seeing you again the next time that you are in the Exeter area!

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

The old New England charm and appeal are definitely there at the Exeter Inn. It certainly looks and feels like an old colonial inn with a quiet New England feel. Unfortunately the accommodations reflect their age. It’s not that haven’t updated, but they’ve done so very poorly. While having a modern hotel bureau with drawers for clothes, there was not fridge just a giant hole where it was supposed to be. Apparently this is how all the rooms are. Also there is no vent or heat in the bathroom, so if you’re there in the winter you can’t vent the smell from a number 2 and getting out of the shower is freezing. Also for such large bedrooms and bathrooms, the furniture fits it poorly and underutilizes the space. We were there for a wedding and while I’ll admit it was cold, the pipes froze in one room and another room completely lost heat. This place is a couple small, but important changes from being great.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ericjaworski01
Tom_hotelier, General Manager at Exeter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear Ericjaworski01,

Thank you for choosing the Exeter Inn and Epoch Restuarant & Bar for your recent stay.

We greatly appreciate your feedback, as we are always striving to improve!

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you again in the future!

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Very impressed with both the quality and service here. Pork tenderloin cooked perfect with nice sweet potatoes and roasted Brussels sprouts. Started off with an excellent cup of Smokey tasting clam chowder. Other meals of seared tuna and surf and turf were also excellent although the lobster tail was slightly over cooked and some drawn butter served with it would have been nice. Only downside was a wedding in another room was quite loud from the dj. But because it was new year eve I'm sure that's unusual circumstance. I'm definitely going back. Nice bar area for drinks also.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Tom_hotelier, General Manager at Exeter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear Gypsywomen2,

Thank you so much for sharing New Year's Eve with us! We truly appreciate your feedback, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Please let us know if there is ever anything that we can do to be of service!

Thomas DeSisto