“Expected more ”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$149.00*
and up
Full Day White Mountain Tour with Cannon Mountain...
Ranked #5 of 18 things to do in Franconia
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

We chose to ski at this mountain over Loon because it was considerably cheaper and not much further away. When we got there we were directed to another lot down the hill and told there would be a shuttle, we sat in the car for about 30 min before we even saw the first shuttle. By the time we were ready we still hadn’t seen the shuttle since the first time. We waited for a few minutes before wandering the parking lot only to find a whole group of people also waiting. After waiting another 15-20 minutes my boyfriend called customer service and told them we had been waiting and they finally sent a shuttle down. We got to the base lodge and bought our tickets only to realize I left my helmet at home - long story short I went to go rent one and they let me have it for free which was nice. Finally onto the terrain, I’m a beginner and my boyfriend is intermediate. We went halfway up the mountain and went down a blue trail. The conditions were sketchy, there was loose snow and patches of ice along the entire trail, every time i turned I slipped on ice. We cut our time short and just decided to leave. We wanted to go on the tram but couldn’t figure out how to get there without driving. Overall wasn’t too impressed, if you’re an intermediate/advanced skier this may be for you but it wasn’t for me.

All reviews
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

A steep icy mountain.
Not crowded like VT. Only for hard core eastern skiers
No lines but no real snow. Not their fault.
But the best skiing in NH

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Cannon is a great ski mountain with lots of history and steep trails. But I would knock it for the consistently freezing temps of North facing slopes and predominantly black diamond slopes. There is not enough diversity of terrain. All in all, still a great place to ski.

1  Thank Ray T
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Saturday Feb 10, it has been snowing in Boston, peak season and the groomers had no touched the top of the mountain. Snow report never came on the internet so there was no knowing the top was unsociable until you were on the trail. Super disappointing