“This is the place to stay”

TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Gilford
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Fairly new very clean property with an friendly professional staff. Complimentary breakfast 6:30-9:30am is great. Free coffee all day long. Very satisfied over all and would welcome staying at this property again.

Room Tip: Rooms with kitchens and dinette available for weekend skiers.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Samantha C, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2017

Dear Johnny V, thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and property. We always strive to deliver exceptional service in all aspects of our property and i'm thrilled to hear we met those goals. Our "On Us" coffee corner is a fan favorite and i'm so glad you enjoyed it! We hope to see you again the next time you travel to the Lakes Region!

Reviewed 22 February 2017

I am supposed to be staying here for work for 6 WEEKS but will be immediately changing hotels after my first week here. I understand this is a family friendly place but it also welcomes business travelers and I feel that the Town Place Suites in Laconia does not accommodate their business guests . There are constantly kids running around the halls, slamming doors, running around in the lobby area, as well as in the small enough as is workout room. I tried to work downstairs in the lobby to escape my room but unfortunately could not do so because there were thirty 8-14 year olds having a pizza party. When I tried to talk to the lady at the front desk she was not very understanding. I wake up very early for work and would like a place to come back during my stay where I can work in peace. I usually love Marriott but will not be coming back to this place. I do not recommend it unless you are traveling with your kids and don't mind their poor manners towards other guests staying at the hotel. Overall not a great place to stay if you are on a business trip.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 23 February 2017

Dear Emily C, I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed with your stay so far. As you pointed out we are very busy currently with families for Massachusetts vacation week. This usually brings in guests with large families hoping to enjoy our proximity to Gunstock Mountain. With that said, we never want our other guests to feel neglected or frustrated. I have brought the urgency and information to our leadership team and hope you will stop by the desk to talk to one of us about this matter.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

This was our 3rd year spending New Years at this hotel. We absolutely love the family friendly atmosphere. The rooms and all common areas are very clean and comfortable. The breakfast is excellent and well-stocked all morning long. We love the ability to grab coffee or hot chocolate at all times of the day.
The greatest asset for this hotel is the people that work there! They take customer service to the next level.
While we were there the room above one of ours left water running and flooded, causing water to leak into one of our rooms. The manager and housekeeping quickly and effectively managed the situation and made it clear that the safety and comfort of our family was their top priority. The hotel was booked solid so there were no rooms to move to, but we felt fine staying in the room once the leak stopped. They didn't charge us for that room and even gave us a voucher for a free night's stay to come back!
During that same vacation, my 15-year-old son became very sick. The staff were kind and compassionate and checked in on us offering anything we needed to make him feel better. They encouraged us to stay as long as we needed past checkout time to make sure he was ok to travel the 3 hours home. He really wanted to go home, so the manager gave us one of their recycling bins (he'd been vomiting for 24 hours!) and offered us ginger ale and water and crackers to have in the car for him.
I travel for work and have stayed in every level Marriott there is and I can honestly say that although all the Marriotts have great customer service this one is by far the best
I have experienced.
I'd like to give special recognition to the members of the staff who were so wonderful during our stay. Thank you, Bree, Kelly, Cindy, and Samantha! You are all excellent!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Dear LizB_71, thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and property. We always strive to deliver exceptional service in all aspects of our property and i'm thrilled to hear we met those goals. We work hard to maintain comfortable and clean common areas I'm so glad you enjoyed them during your stay. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to the Lakes Region!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

I travel a lot and often stay with Marriott because they've always met my expectations when it comes to staying at a hotel. However the TownPlace Suites in Gilford exceeded my expectations. It was the best experience I've ever had with any hotel. They had such a friendly staff that always seemed to go above and beyond. I am never one to complain but we weren't happy with our original room because we were next to a room with a rowdy family so I visited the front desk to see if there was any possibility of switching rooms and the front desk manager, Samantha, graciously apologized (not her fault at all!) and then moved me to a different room immediately! She was so professional, friendly, understanding, and helpful. Both of the rooms were very clean and comfortable and the check in/check out process was simple and easy. I will continue to go back to this hotel and recommend it to all my family and friends!! Well done Marriott! You have a wonderful property in Gilford and an even more amazing staff!

Kelsey

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear CynthiaD27, thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and property. We always strive to deliver exceptional service in all aspects of our property and i'm thrilled to hear we met those goals. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to the Lakes Region!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Room wasn't cleaned very well. Ventilation and heat wasn't very good. On the higher priced side. Creepy janitor/maintenance guy who would watch us while we were in the pool. Had to wait for breakfast food. No one was around to refill warmed items.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
slclaridge, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Dear NHGirl2,

I apologize for the inconveniences you had with us. I understand your frustrations. We do our best to give our guests the service they deserve and expect. I would like to make sure you know that we did not have any Maintenance or Janitorial staff on during your stay with us. We also would have jumped at the opportunity to fix your heating unit had you called the front desk during your stay.

I hope that if your in the area again, that you will give us another chance.

Again, my apologizes for your stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilford
18.9 km away
7.2 km away
The Summit Resort
The Summit Resort
#8 of 13 in Laconia

Been to TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford? Share your experiences!