“Great Local Spot”

The Village Trestle
Ranked #6 of 30 Restaurants in Goffstown
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Hidden local gem, located right in downtown Goffstown. Excellent, friendly, attentive staff. Fun atmosphere. They frequently have live bands. The food is excellent, with most of the items being fresh and made in house. My favorite are the soups and burgers. A wide variety of items are offered on the menu. Great sized portions. Excellent value for the money.

Brenda C, Owner at The Village Trestle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your comments and your business.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Good, local place to grab a quick lunch. Food is good. Don’t let the dark decor scare you. We’ll be back!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We were in the area at lunch and dropped in. Our first time.
If you like TV Pubs and Pool you will like this place where locals hang.
The workers were friendly and came several time to check on us.
There is a good menu. Everything is home made. I got a green salad and enjoyed the croutons that were home made and nicely spiced. It came with pita bread.
My husband got a turkey club and remarked how is was filled with a lot of meat. He enjoyed it. Reasonable prices.
It is full bar.
Bathrooms were nicely decorated with lotions etc.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

First time here. Limited menu, but everything we had was really good. Chicken wing app was great.

I had the Cobb salad. Hubs had the steak tips. Tried the pumpkin lush for dessert.

Add the live music, good waitress and a great date night is what you get.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Stopped in for the first time today and was greeted and told we could find our own seats. Pulled up 2 stools to the bar in the middle of the room and was asked if we wanted drinks. Since we were there for lunch we asked for water and some menus. The waitress seemed a bit annoyed and told us there is a water dispenser on the table nearby and then she brought over the menus with the kind of mannerism like we should have known how they operate and that we were annoying them. No biggie, we were hungry and Tripadvisor said 4.5 stars.

After a while the waitress came back and was moderately cheerful and took our orders. The food was delivered by a bartender who was cool and we proceeded to enjoy a nice lunch of baked haddock sandwich and chicken salad wrap.

The waitress never gave us the obligatory "how's everything" or came back to give us a check.Looking around the last time I saw her she headed out the back door.

I flagged down another waitress and asked for the check. This other waitress was kind of rude in that she acted dejected about having to get another waitresses check and did not utter a word to us. When she brought the check, I said thanks and she just turned and walked away.

We did think the place had some potential, but the very bad attitudes of the waitstaff will keep us from returning.

Brenda C, Owner at The Village Trestle, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Hi there, my name is Brenda and I am one of the owners of the Village Trestle. I apologize that you had a bad experience. Our staff is typically very friendly and extremely efficient. I would like to offer you a return visit on me. Come anytime, enjoy 2 dinners and give us another chance to impress you. You can email directly at manangerons@yahoo.com before your visit and I will send you a gift certificate to use. I hope you will give us a second try. Thank you, Brenda