Ashworth by the Sea
Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$129
Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$140
Marguerite Motel(Hampton)
US$140
  • Beachfront
US$89
Atlantic Breeze Suites(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$199
Grand View Motel(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$139
  • Free Internet
US$109
The Victoria Inn(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$130
  • Pool
All reviewsoff seasonbreakers restaurantvalet parkingvalet servicehampton beachacross the streetindoor poolbreakfast restaurantocean viewsmall balconyoceanfront roommini fridgecasino ballroomdjwharfsidesandbarlounge
Reviewed 20 February 2018

This was our 4th stay since September but the 1st time we were disappointed. When we arrived shortly after the check in time of 4pm we were told our room was not ready. Based on the number of other people in the lobby several rooms were not ready. We took a walk on the beach to pass the time but it was an hour and a half before we could check in. The desk staff was very nice and i believe the issue was with housekeeping. It was the Sunday of Presidents weekend which could have been a contributing factor. The room was smaller than other times we requested that type of room. There were children in the hall running and yelling early in the morning. We went to the Wharfside for breakfast and waited over 10 minutes before we finally had to ask to be served. It was not overly busy. I think each waitress thought the other had us but we sat without anyone checking on us. Since all our other stays went well we will be back and hope we have the great experience we are accustomed to.

Room Tip: I would stay on the 2nd or 3rd floors
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Norm D, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear Marilyn,
Thanks very much for reaching out regarding your recent stay. Your are certainly correct that we were a little caught off guard this weekend with the holiday hit. In normal circumstances we would have been fine but with this beautiful weather we were definitely challenged. Appreciate the kind words regarding the staff you encountered and yes, we are a little light on staff this time of year and everyone pulls double duty and I am glad to hear that everyone was courteous during the hectic times. With this brings families and friends for a quick relief from the winter weather and kids being kids. I really appreciate your patience with this and very much appreciate your continue support by choosing to stay with us. Spring is almost here and we are gearing up with additional services and staff to manage it all. I look forward to seeing you on your next stay and thanks for your continued confidence in the Ashworth Team.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We went to Kittery and stayed here for one night. Not a good experience from the beginning! Check in was four o’clock and we didn’t get our room until five.......no on site parking (garage closed) only valet so I had to park down the street......then we had to get two sets of room keys as they didn’t work.....ending up with the maintenance guy letting us into our room......our room did not have coffee pods for the Keurig but the wonderful staff that was cleaning the rooms went and got it for us, they were so pleasant. I will say the guy at the front desk was overwhelmed!! Apparently the hotel was quite full and he was taking care of everyone.....the valet guy was helping him. Also, we were on the same floor as the pool so it was quite noisy. As far as the room goes, it was very nice, updated and clean! Doubt I will stay here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Norm D, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Thanks for your message regarding your stay. Sorry to hear about your specific issues...we were definitely very busy this weekend with the holiday. I do admit we have limited staff resources at this time of year but very pleased to hear that the staff your encountered were pleasant and did their best to address your needs. I was very pleased about your comments regarding your room and the housekeeping staff you encountered...we have a very new staff who have been training hard to learn and perform their duties and be prepared for the high season. I will be sharing your comments with them as they are a very hard working staff and do not get enough recognition. I do hope you allow the opportunity in the future for out Team to show you what they can do...I would like to chance to win your confidence in the hotel and all of our services. Once again I appreciate you taking the time to let me know.
Best Regards

Reviewed 12 February 2018

For a cold weekend, hotel not very crowded, yet under staffed. Restaurant Manager on 2/10 was very unfriendly. We asked if we could get to pool with out going thru the lounge area, he said "if you want to go out this door and come in the other' meaning go out in the 10degree weather-we asked if we needed dinner reservations, he asked what time, we said 7ish as it was 5 and we were on our way to pool he said he could seat us at 6-at 7 restaurant was still partially empty! Never had a pleasant tone to any customers entering or leaving, which normally the staff is very friendly. Food was fair at best, but pricey!

Room Tip: Winter, stay in building on poolside.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Norm D, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear Pam, very sorry to hear about your concerns regarding your recent stay and interactions with the staff. This is certainly not what I am accustomed to hearing. Unfortunately the access to the pool in the winter is only through the lounge and versus the outdoor access. The Breakers restaurant has been receiving many great compliments regarding the food as we recently hired a new Chef and I am sorry you did not feel that it was satisfactory. I have shared this with the culinary team to insure that we continue to deliver outstanding food to our guests. I would hope that you can revisit the next time you are in the area and enjoy our new menu items and we have the chance to really impress you. Please contact me to discuss further. Best Regards, Norm

Reviewed 12 February 2018

My boyfriend and I have stayed here a couple of times now during the off-season. The hotel has always been very clean and everyone has been pleasant. Our room was an ocean view king suite with a small private balcony facing the ocean. This time of year is always nice and quiet and peaceful. We are planning another getaway trip for the spring before the beach is overrun with tourists.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Norm D, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Great to hear from you especially as you like to join us in the 'quiet times'...it is still the best spot along the beach I believe and so happy that your enjoyed the accommodations and our service staff took care of all your needs. I certainly look forward to having you return as we are now open daily for 2018.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

For the past four years, my boyfriend and I have been coming to the Ashworth during the off season as a little weekend getaway. With our seventh stay this past weekend, I can say with full confidence that the Ashworth continues to impress and maintain the same high standard that we found during our first stay. I cannot provide insight to what the hotel is like during the busy season (spring, summer, and early fall months), but when the tourists are gone and Hampton Beach quiets down, the area attracts a nice mix of locals and weekenders looking to have a nice relaxing vacation. This past trip we stayed in a oceanview king suite with a balcony that faces the water. It was located in the north tower which I prefer because of the lovely views down the beach and the privacy of the balconies. During the weekend we also visited the restaurant's restaurant, the Breakers. The first night we grabbed a few drinks and took desserts up to our room- delicious! On Saturday we visited for lunch but were disappointed with our entrees (pasta bolognese and steak sandwich) as my pasta was bland and my boyfriend's steak sandwich had absolutely no flavor. Despite this, we returned for a late night snack and the nachos and mozzarella sticks redeemed themselves. Everyone at the restaurant is extremely attentive and the bartenders, though the bar was packed due to the live DJ, were quick to fill drinks and check on us. Overall, the Ashworth continues to impress and leaves us wanting to come back. As long as the experience continues, we will continue choosing Ashworth as our stay-cation destination.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Norm D, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us once again and your very nice comments about your stay. Sorry to hear about the lunch and I will be sharing your comments with the chef to address immediately. Good to see the Team rebounded and you had an enjoyable night.
Being open once again each and every day has been great and even in January have had many guest take advantage of the 'off season' but still getting the full service hotel feel. I certainly look forward to a visit from you in the Spring...again many thanks!