“Really good seafood in a historic setting”

The Old Salt Restaurant at Lamie's Inn
Ranked #5 of 117 Restaurants in Hampton
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2017

The one negative I could say about Old Salt is that our waitress, although attentive was grouchy and short with us. Value is great for the quality. My husband had the scallops and they were delicious. I had a whole lobster and two sides for $18. All was delicious! Drink prices were also very reasonable and it wasn't even happy hour.

Michelle O, Manager at The Old Salt Restaurant at Lamie's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Thank you potatofish! I am glad that you enjoyed your meals and drinks! I apologize that your server was grouchy and short. I never like to hear things that like that. My apologies!

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Came here with a business group. Each person ordered something different and the food was very good. Service was great. I had the nightly fried fish and chips. The haddock was fried to perfection. Good place when you are in Hampton.

Michelle O, Manager at The Old Salt Restaurant at Lamie's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you Charles! Glad you enjoyed your visit! Be sure to come back and see us again!

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We had a One o'clock reservation for nine adults at the busy Sunday Brunch. All the food trays were full with fresh food. Everything was excellent from the gouda mac and cheese to the haddock in lobster sauce. The wait staff kept the plates cleared and the glasses full. The keyboard player entertained us withhis humor and played our Funny Valentine and Happy Birthday requests. The chocolate fountain and our special birthday dessert were great. We have longed for this type of experience since Acorns at UNH closed.

1  Thank The R
Michelle O, Manager at The Old Salt Restaurant at Lamie's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Thank you for the nice review! We are glad you enjoyed your birthday celebration here!

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Don’t order the early bird specials my travel mate and I orderd the baked haddock it was not even edible, Frozen haddock overcooked absolutely terrible. Maybe ordering off the main menu it may have been better but I can’t say. I won’t be back there anytime soon

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I would like to make you aware of a terrible experience while dining at The Old Salt, on Sunday evening. We had visited here many times in the past and the meals were always great.

My wife ordered the North Atlantic Haddock, as she quite often has. This time it was rubbery and tasteless, and she did not finish it. It seemed that it was not as fresh as usual. I ordered the Scallops with Lobster Sauce. I have had this dinner several times in the past, but this time everything went wrong. Along with the Scallops I ordered Fries and Carrots. When the dinner arrived it had rice and cold carrots. The Scallops were just broiled, not in lobster sauce. The waitress retrieved a side order of fries, took the scallops. In the kitchen the cook poured lobster sauce on the scallops and the dish was returned. We will not be returning in the foreseeable future.