“Superb spot off the Dartmouth green”

Murphy's On The Green
Ranked #6 of 39 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Murphy's on the Green - Exceptional Food in Hanover, New Hampshire *** Murphy's is very LOCAL. We purchase almost all of our meat, produce, dairy and bread products from our many high quality Upper Valley Farms and purveyors and we appeal to the new 'locavore' movement... eating and purchasing food within 100 miles of your location. Our 'day boat' seafood comes 'hand picked' from the docks of Boston. We are proud members of the Vermont Food Network.
Reviewed 19 August 2017

After contacting several Hanover area establishments about holding a small private gathering, Murphy's was the only one to agree to an undetermined number of guests on an a la carte basis. We had the beautiful back room to ourselves...literally a library with books on glassed-in shelves. Amy the manager and Simon the server were friendly and hospitable throughout. Then I went to the bar and ordered food. Wow. I ordered a special entree of pasta with beef cheek...succulent, fall-off-the-bone meat similar to short ribs. Fabulous. Hannah the bartender was delightful, always ready to chat with me about menu items and bar trends. The beer selection is great, too.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

My husband and I came here for lunch with friends. The food was good. I had the Murphy Burger that was so tasty and perfectly cooked. Our waiter,Jackson Perry was attentive and brought us a complementary appetizer when our food was slow coming from the kitchen. He took a picture for me and when my camera didn't take a good one he used his phone and sent me a better one. We WILL be back.

1  Thank carol f
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I dine here frequently with friends and family. Great location right in downtown near Dartmouth, not far from Dartmouth Medical Center and local shopping. No matter what I order it's always well prepared and a generous portion. The setting is casual and lively. Decent beer selection as well. Our favorite spot in downtown Hanover!

1  Thank OOBChick
Reviewed 10 August 2017

I've visited Murphys on the Green countless times and despite a few hiccups in between chefs, i've never been disappointed!! The food is very good and pushes the boundry in a town where it's desperately needed. I was in yesterday and had the seafood salad special which was to die for and then the salmon over black rice with ponzu, always a great choice. Would absolutely recommend to friends and family!

1  Thank traveler_201785
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Burger was a 10! Recently took my son on a college tour of Dartmouth and we had a quick meal before heading back to CT. The food hit the spot. We each had the "Murph Burger" it was cooked perfectly! i am now a big fan of Switchback beer as well! They had quite the beer line up. Looking forward to to bringing the fam next time and will be sure to come back to Murphy's.

1  Thank Dartmouth75