“Wow! Great food from Nepal!!!”
Review of Base Camp Cafe

Base Camp Cafe
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Hanover
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2016

Base Camp Café is a unique dining experience in Hanover, NH. The food is so flavorful and delicious. Best yet, it's different from any other restaurant in the area. Authentic, tasty in a cozy environment. The owner is very friendly and will visit your table, answer your questions, make recommendations. A big plus is that they serve vegan and vegetarian meals.

Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

Visited for lunch today and each of the four of us loved the meal. Friendly, attentive service and a warm, comfortable atmosphere. Each dish was prepared exactly as we asked. We'd strongly recommend the Base Camp Cafe!

Reviewed 26 March 2016

You must go! Well appointed, great food, friendly service. Couldn't be better. Prices very reasonable.

Reviewed 22 March 2016

When we walked in the door, the aroma and friendliness of the staff convinced us to give it a try. The menu is different from the usual Asian fare, which was of interest to us, but ultimately we were underwhelmed. The presentation and preparation were sub par, yet it was priced like a restaurant of much higher quality. We would not return.

Reviewed 17 March 2016

My first visit was with a friend, for lunch. The restaurant is bright, cheerful, yet quiet. The employees are friendly and happy to explain items on the menu. We each chose a soup and a main dish with freshly prepared vegetables, a choice of chicken & mushrooms, or tofu (there were other meat/fish choices as well), and basmati rice. We also ordered a plate of special bread. Every item was delicious. You choose. A number from 1-10 to convey how spices hot you want each dish. My friend chose 5, which was a bit hot for her taste. I chose 3, which was perfect for me.
Two days later my friend and I took my husband to the restaurant for dinner. Again, the staff was very gracious and helpful.My friend and husband had a Rhine Wine and a Pino Grigio, I had a Virgin Mohito. Drinks were excellent. We. Tried the dumpling appetizers and a spicy chicken one. The favors were delicious. For entrees, my husband had boar ribs with vegetables, which he loved. Heat level was 5 - just right for him. My friend had the Same soup again, but at a lower heat instead of an entree, she ordered fresh green beans and another chicken appetizer. I had a grilled cashew-crusted haddock fillet over a selection of fresh vegetables, with Basmati Rice. It was perfectly cooked and delicious. We also had the wonderful bread again. Entree portions are very generous; I took half of mine home.
There is a nice selection of yogurt and nonalcoholic drinks. There are lovely-sounding desserts, but we left no room to try them. Next time!

Been to Base Camp Cafe? Share your experiences!