US$108
HIExpress.com
US$143
US$88
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

Best Western Plus Keene Hotel(Keene)(Great Value!)
US$130
Motel 6 Brattleboro(Brattleboro)
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$60
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

First off I would like to say that I am a local and the Keene Inn has been here for as long as I can remember and they hardly have done any renovations. They only thing that has changed in the last 10 years is their name and only one part of the 4 part building is somewhat renovated. To answer some of the other reviewers questions YES LOCALS DO LIVE HERE AND SOME PEOPLE THAT STAY HERE ARE HOMELESS MOST OF THE TIME AND ARE FROM THE STREETS. The Keene Inn is cheap with a price around $65.00 so I don't kno what some people expect from it. This isn't the Best Western or the Red Roof Inn. It is not as bad as some ppl say though and it is centrally located in Keene and does serve it's purpose. The room I stayed in had little to absolutely no water pressure in the bathroom. The sink was dripping water out and you couldn't even wash your hands in the sink. The shower was almost as bad. The pictures of the rooms they have at the front desk are a joke bc the rooms don't look that nice in real life. Our fridge was from the 80s and our freezer in it didn't even work. After all these complaints and then some we asked to be moved across the parking lot to the "newly renovated" part of the building. They said no bc it was more money and they didn't have any rooms available. They were clearly lying bc we didn't see anyone come In or out of like 5 rooms over their. Plus why do the newer rooms cost more money when they are supposed to have the same exact things in them?? Definitely get it together Keene Inn. You have got some bad reviews not just on here and hospitality is supposed to be key to running a good motel, is it not?

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Cassie P
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last year, stayed in a newer renovated room and was great. Good addition with the WiFi and new lobby area. Only suggestion is to work on the exterior look of the hotel and this would be a great place. Thanks for the accommodation. See you in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank kumarp7
Reviewed 19 January 2013

This is family owned. Family appears to not care if your room has basic needs. Office is usually empty and you must call and wait for someone to meet you there. Or they will give you instructions on where to get your own towels, etc.. vending machine does not work. Rooms are disgusting with stains and bad paint job, old furniture, smells like mold/mildew and smoke. Windows do not open. Stay away.

Room Tip: Do not waste your money. This is family owned - who are never in the office, do not care if you are not satisfied and do not come in to clean rooms or supply basic needs. Vending machine is broke. Rooms are disgusting and smell old and like smoke. Windows do not open. Wi-fi is in and out.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Leeann62
Reviewed 1 October 2012

In preparation for our trip up to NH my wife went shopping for a place to stay for the night, she went to Booking.com and got a place that seemed to have a good price. Well as it turns out, Booking.com evidently does not actually check out the places it recommends or books such as the place we got. When we arrived at the place The Keene Inn, in Keene NH, it appears that it is about to fall down. There are some boards going from the second floor walkway up to the roof-overhang rafters, holding up what is visibly rotting wood fascia. The saddest part is that while they may be adding support there is nothing from the ground level walkway underneath them to add support the supports above, and you can see the second floor walkway bowing under the weight. When we saw the condition of the rest of the place, we left and found another place to stay. We called Booking.com and they said they would do what they could to help, which turned out to yield no results. They did contact the Keene Inn but they (Booking.com) were told that they (The Keene Inn) had a 24 cancelation policy and that we would be charged for the full price of the reservation. Well I may be out the money, but I can tell you this, I will get more than my monies worth in satisfaction in letting people know how rundown the Keene Inn is and how Booking.com will not take responsibility for booking people into what is in my opinion is an unsafe building. I also plan to contact the Keene Better Business Bureau, Keene Department of Health, Keene Building inspector and the local news papers and television. I will not take this laying down, I can assure you of that much. My next stop is YouTube, who knows maybe it will go viral.
My final message to all that will listen:
STAY AWAY FROM THE KEENE INN AND BOOKING.COM!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank Richard B
Reviewed 7 August 2012

NO HOT WATER! The place is frightening, no place I would ever stay again. When I stay at a motel I don't expect to have to block the door with a chair because you have a feeling that the place is going to be raided! Door looked like it had been kicked in several times. In major need of renovation. Old fixtures, bathroom cabinets that have been removed leaving just a rusty empty space in the wall. Looks like there are permanent guests there hanging out with room doors open all day. Not a safe feeling at all. Turn this place into an affordable residence for the locals...leave renting to travelers to the big chains!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family