“Very casual but yummy”

Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Love their lunch boxes. Great rolls and I have never had a bad meal over many years! Always great for take out as well.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Although the food at Yama's is excellent, I had a very unpleasant experience with a server, after dining with a friend for lunch. We had ordered a complete lunch and appetizers. We were just finishing our tea when the server told me that our table was needed for another customer, despite the fact that we had been there less than 45 minutes. The entire encounter was unpleasant and ruined our lunch together. No one should be rushed away from a table

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Yama has an extensive Asian food menu and maybe we just ordered the wrong things. The Pad Thai was the worst that I have ever had. As a matter of fact, most of it was thrown in the garbage. It was extremely dry and lackluster in taste. My husband ordered a Korean seafood dish that he said was just ok and would not order it again. The side salad I ordered was lettuce with 2 chunks of carrots for close to $4. We will definitely be taking our Asian appetites elsewhere.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

I've been eating at Yama for many years, since I was a kid, and I've always loved it. They start out your meal with little appetizer dishes (it varies: usually sprouts, marinated peanuts, edemame, sliced veggies, miso, etc.). For the lunch hour, their lunchbox is a great meal. Their salmon teriyaki is really good. For dinner I usually get the japchae, or the udon soup. Their bibimbap and their meat dumplings are really good too. I get stuck in a habit of always ordering my top favorites. Their sushi is very reasonably priced, always fresh. They recognize and are happy to see their regular customers. The tables are small so it's not an ideal place to bring a huge party. But it's the perfect size and ambiance for a date or with a few friends/family. Their portions are pretty large and definitely great quality at what is one of the more affordable places in the Upper Valley. Also, I am very sensitive to MSG and I've never had any issues after eating here. The waiters don't come around a lot so your conversation isn't always getting interrupted, but are very attentive if you say you need something.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

My partner was so excited to share Yama's with me. We came for lunch. I ordered on of the "box lunches". Wat a treat, I loved it,