All reviews lobster bake meal plan snow tubing indoor pool great place for the kids sleigh ride arts and crafts family experience busy road charging station hiking trails the main dining area ski slopes beautiful lake outlet shopping charming hotel rooms are clean and comfortable
Reviewed 14 August 2017

I came upon Purity Springs when searching online for an all inclusive resort in New Hampshire. I didn't know what to expect since the reviews were all over the place. But I was pleasantly surprised when I checked into the Hillside cottage. Wow! It was clean, modern and very spacious. It was also located in an area that afforded privacy and a great view of the lake. The scenery is postcard ready! Though a two lane road runs through the resort, it is not a major problem; signs leading to the resort warn of pedestrians crossing. The property has several different beaches and trails that we were able to visit during our stay. There are also paddle boards, canoes, kayaks and a row boat that can easily be taken out at any time. Proximity to Conway allows for outlet shopping if that's your thing and other things to do as well. Mt. Washington is about an hour away and a nice bit of diversion as well.

The only thing I found a problem was the meal situation. The food was for the most part delicious and fresh. The chef wasn't afraid to be inventive and creative which I appreciated. The Lobster Bake was out of this world! Most of the servers were very nice and capable but it seemed that others could have used more training. I, like other reviewers was not a fan of the buffet. We mostly ordered from the menu rather than the buffet because frankly, we like our food fresh from the kitchen. Now, to what I found a bit irksome. First, if you asked for something to be prepared gluten-free there was a one dollar charge added to your bill. This didn't seem right since one night I order a Caesar salad as did my husband. The two salads came out looking identical and mine had a slice of toast on it (not gf) as did his. And yet the bill showed mine as a dollar more. Now it didn't matter all that much since we had prepaid for dinner through the meal plan but the price difference meant that the gratuity was higher. Second, why should the same gratuity be given for a buffet as a served meal?

Having vented a bit about the meal situation, I would say that our stay at Purity Springs was memorable and pleasant and that we would happily return.

Room Tip: Choose the Hillside cottage for awesome accommodations and a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank msmilow
Purity-SMH, General Manager at Purity Spring Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. I’m glad to hear you were pleased with the accommodations, activities and amenities offered to resort guests.
Preparing gluten free meals, generally takes more time – and a $1 - $2 upcharge for gluten free food is becoming more standard in the food service industry. It should not have been applied in the case of your Caesar salad as you said it wasn’t actually gluten free, so I’ll definitely check into that.
Guests that reserve with the meal plan are given discounted hotel guest rates, however, when you receive your bill at the end of each meal, the bill lists the actual cost of the meal to help you determine an acceptable gratuity, so gratuities should vary based on the service you received and the type of meal you ordered. We don’t expect anyone to leave set percentages for buffet vs. plated meals, we do offer a suggested gratuity, but welcome you to determine the amount you feel is most appropriate for the service you received.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Purity Spring Resort again in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

The staff, so welcoming and nice. No pretension or airs. Just good people who do their job well.

Our Room; clean and nice.
The lake and activities; just beautiful ad fun. No problem at all in this department

My only issue is the food situation. Just not into it. Not into buffets. I know there is a menu you can order from, but some nights you just cant, like during 'the grand buffet' night. And the breakfast buffet just doesnt do it for me.
I have been coming here for along time, the food goes up and down and I get it. its hard to feed a lot of people all the time, it prob gets annoying for the people who work in the kitchen. But if any specific reason makes me not come back, it would be the buffett style dining.

Other than thank, I love purity and the people who I have met and dealt with through the years.!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ethew2003
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I have been coming to Purity Springs for at least 10 years for their wonderful scrapbooking weekends (which I have turned into a scrapbooking week). I love the rooms, having stayed in 3 different buildings....each has their own style and quaintness. The staff is always friendly, the rooms are extremely clean, and the food delicious. Of course, the highlight of the trip is seeing Laurie and Deb, the coordinators of the scrapbooking retreat. I have never had a bad time, and have even had the opportunity to go hiking and kayaking. If you love scrapbooking and making new friends, you need to come join us!

Room Tip: Rooms over/next to the restaurant tend to be a bit noisy
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vicki B
Reviewed 15 July 2017

My wife's family has been coming to Purity Spring for 50 years. I've come every year since 1983. Back then there were no phones in the rooms! Today the rooms are not only clean and comfortable, they have all the modern amenities: wi-fi, cable TV, small fridge. The outward character of the inn has not changed in decades. We are on the third generation. My oldest is 28. My children have developed life long friendships, including kids from Europe! Purity Spring is a special place in our family and we wouldn't miss this vacation for anything. It's a great place to bring your family to relax or engage in activities for all ages. The staff is very friendly and helpful. If you go to Purity, try going for at least a week. There's something different every day, from the breakfast cookout, to the canoe trip, to the lobster bake. All at a very reasonable cost. You'll love it.

Room Tip: The rooms come in different configurations. They can add a bunk bed for the kids. They can probably accommodate whatever your needs are.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank saulrmarcus
Purity-SMH, General Manager at Purity Spring Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Saul,
Thank you for the wonderful review. We're glad that your family was able to discover our little piece of heaven in the White Mountains 50 years ago! We always look forward to your return each summer.
As a family-owned resort for over 100 years, we take a great amount of pride in providing the same service and accommodations which previous generations of our family worked so hard to create. Looking forward to welcoming you back again next year!

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

I loved the idea or a family owned and run place they preserved a pretty lake in nee hwmpshire. The lake was prett. I felt like an uninvited guest all weekend. We had trouble getting the staff to notice us. Both nights after being sat by the hostess. No one took our orde for over 30 min. Hen we showed up to waterskiiing. The instructor drove off in th boat with out saying hello. When I tried to check or that person too said oh sorry I did notsee you there. Also the staff was not shy about tips. Just helping. For over 500 a night. Stay st a hotel tha rcares. I thought he wwlll inclusive oils be fun and relaxing als some activities Rhett were posted did not se m to happen. Maybe this place only wants people who know the family or who have been coming for years. I felt like s sucker whose sold s feantsasy. Other people seeme to be wdknolodged. Maybe not for new people.
This was s big test for my famil after I spent a week in the hospital.when I tried to note some of my concerns st check out. The girl did Show me how tips were extra. So not all inclusive.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Heathhart
Purity-SMH, Manager at Purity Spring Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you for your comments, I was alarmed that you felt that you were a ghost, or invisible, as I don’t recall ever having a guest response stating that our staff was anything but warm and welcoming.
Unfortunately, while you were here with your family, we were hit with torrential rains, thunder and lightning storms and high winds that caused us to reschedule some of the activities for safety reasons – everything was rescheduled for the following day. When activities are rescheduled we do our best to let all front line staff know what is happening so if a guests inquires, correct information is available to them. We don’t have any way to notify all guests of all changes, so we hope that they feel comfortable asking any one of our staff if they have questions.
The front desk person that was on duty when you checked out didn’t see you enter the office as she was busy with another guest. You sat down in a location that made it difficult for her to see you, and she felt very bad that she didn’t see you when you came in. She was very concerned that you felt invisible while you were here and immediately called to let a manager know. I personally spent hours yesterday speaking with various staff from multiple departments to find out how a guest could feel unwelcomed the entire time they were here. We have guests that come to Purity Spring Resort for a variety of reasons, some want quality family time, some like to be involved in every activity we offer, some like to sit on the porch, read a book and enjoy the quiet. Our staff does its best to give as much information to our guests as they can regarding all that we offer so guests can decide how involved they would like to be during their stay and we then try to accommodate those needs to the best of our abilities.
Our resort does include over 60 hours of scheduled recreation, as well as free use of canoes, kayaks, row boats, catamaran, stand up paddle boards and more at no extra cost to guests; however there are a few items that require additional fees. We do offer an all-inclusive package, for guests that don’t want to be bothered with those additional fees and gratuities. ALL activities, gratuities and taxes are included in that package; however, your family did not book that package. We do have guests that feel the service they received was above and beyond and therefore like to leave gratuities for the staff, and we have guests that enjoy their time with us, but don’t feel they need to leave gratuities. No one should ever feel pressured to leave a gratuity. Regarding gratuities, if you are willing to call the resort and ask for me, Steven Hoyt, General Manager and Owner, I would like to know what staff were requesting tips from you as we don't want our staff being inappropriate regarding gratuities and I’d like to speak with them directly so this never happens again.
Again, I apologize that you left feeling like a ghost, we pride ourselves on great customer service and will be sure that our staff consistently goes above and beyond to make all guests feel welcomed and included. We would love to welcome you and your family back to Purity Spring Resort again in the future.