“Fantastic 20th Anniversary Dinner.”

Hanover Street Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Hanover Street Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 424 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$24 - US$55
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pine Street
Description: We are committed to serving food that will be creative, yet “classic,” service that will be impeccable but not intimidating, in an ambiance that will be elegant, yet comfortable and inviting, ensuring a dining experience that will be extraordinary and memorable!
Reviewed 6 October 2017

We had received several recommendations about the Chophouse as an alternative to driving into Boston for a good steakhouse. It is actually a great steakhouse. My wife and I went to celebrate our 20th Anniversary and it will be a memorable one.

We began by sharing the bacon wrapped scallops which tasted as if they were picked right from the ocean, very sweet and savory.

Next the Cesar salads were quite good.

For dinner my wife had a petite fillet and I had the Delmonico. We each had creamed spinach and shared lobster macaroni and cheese. There was too much food, which was not a bad thing, we have been able to enjoy it the next day.

The meats were cooked to perfection and the sides each were fantastic.

For dessert we shared a seasonal apple strudel cheese cake that I will remember for years.

Aside from the food, the evening was enjoyable as our waiter was friendly and always available to answer any questions we might have.

Overall it was a perfect night and we both are trying to think of another reason to visit.
I will comment on the pricing, it is at a level I would expect from a high end Steakhouse in any major city. I have dined at some of the major chain ones and the Chophouse easily compared if not beat some of them hands down.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We arrived earlier than 5:00PM when the restaurant opens for dinner. We sat in the bar area which we found a comfortable place to wait for our table. Promptly at 5:00PM we were seated in a quiet area per our request. The server was first class. She was very friendly and knowledgeable. We both ordered steaks and they were cooked exactly the way they were ordered. I had a crab cocktail made with huge pieces of lump crabmeat. Just great. My wife had the onion soup and she just loved it. It was a perfect experience and enjoyed every bit of it. Give it a try and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Well, as a very discriminating diner, who enjoys restaurant dining several times a week anywhere from Boston to Newcastle, NH, I thought I'd seen everything that is worthwhile in Manchester. I was wrong. I finally got over to the Hanover St Chophouse and was totally and completely impressed with just about everything. The menu, the upscale, yet rustic decor, the atmosphere, and the service. We were there for about four hours and ordered several bottles of high end champagne, many exquisite appetizers, and the 'best of the best' in entrees. We spent a fortune and I'll tell you, it was worth every penny. So, I'm a bit fussy and do enjoy the finer things - beautiful dining experiences are high on my list of the "finer things." It was a midweek evening dinner and the restaurant was only moderately busy. The only concern that I had with Chophouse was that we both noticed toward the end of a very expensive but VERY enjoyable dining extravaganza.....the hostess, and some tall impressive looking fellow walking around in a suit (rumor had it, he may be an owner/manager) seemed to be occassionally pacing around, giving us (and the people at a table near to us) the distinct feeling that it was time to 'wrap it up.' Then, the valet person, who I had given a large sum of money to upon my very arrival, (of note; it is touted as complimentary valet) came in to the dining area, approached the table and said 'We have got your car running in front of the entrance, and just because we will be closing soon, I wanted to give you your keys." The only person who did not give one ounce of that 'please finish it up' feeling...... was our server, Amit. Absolutely perfect, professional service and he the epitome of what is expected in fine dining. He was well-spoken, knowledgable and very polite....he was also very interesting. He knew the menu well, and we shared back and forth important details and histories of a few champagnes and cuisines, and his timing, service and tolerance of a long, but wonderful overall dining experience was impressive. My dining partner and I Thank you very much, Amit. I will see you again at Chophouse. Might I suggest to readers some of the standout dishes we enjoyed.....the crab cocktail, a perfect filet Mignon, the jumbo lump crab and lobster tail as an entree, bacon wrapped seared scallops, several salads, crab cakes, and three scrumptious desserts that should make any pastry/dessert specialist proud. I can't figure out how it is that I took so long to visit Hanover Street Chophouse, but intend to return very soon, to once again experience all that has to offer.

1  Thank Dja D
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Great steaks, cooked to perfection. Beautifully made Caesar salad....garlic and sour cream mashed potatoes...steamed veggies.....a great pour of wine.....awesome bread.....cheesecake to die for. What else do you need? Oh, excellent service....that too. This is the full package folks....don't miss it.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Great great service. Thank you Meaghan. Chopped Greek salad great. Best creamed spinach. Bone in filet to kill for. I would get rid of pumpkin crime bruele and add a different flavor. Over all a great night out As MacArthur said we shall return