“Fresh ingredients stood out, but one item perhaps needs some improvement”
Review of Crush Pizza - CLOSED

Crush Pizza
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: In August of 2009, after a pizza tour vacation with his family, Tony Naser decided to bring authentic Naples style pizza to Nashua, NH. But first, the destination was New York City and all the great pizzerias along the way - grilled pizza in Providence, legendary coal-fired pizzerias in New Haven, and some of the most famous pizzerias in NYC. They even made a trip out to Las Vegas for a visit to sample pizza. Making fresh dough and baking pizza every weekend was a family tradition and over the years this tradition became a passion to make the best pizza. Pizza originated in Naples Italy. Neopolitan pizza in its purist form has been made the same way in Naples since the 17th century. Once considered a dish for peddlers, pizza was sold by street vendors and not in restaurants. Over the years pizza gained popularity as Naples became a tourist attraction. And in the late 19th century pizza was introduced to the United States with the arrival of Italian immigrants. Crush maintains Neapolitan tradition and makes the simplest and freshest food brought in and made daily. No frozen stuff here! The ovens are imported from Italy and burns with an intensity to cook a pizza in 60 - 90 seconds at a blistering 800 - 900 degrees. For Tony, Crush is truly a labor of love.
Reviewed 4 February 2015

I love pizza and decided to try this place for a quick lunch. I only wanted a slice of pepperoni, but they do not offer slices and you have to get the whole 11 inch personal pizza. The customer service was excellent and the pizza was delivered to my table. I thought the pizza was pretty good and especially liked the taste of the fresh ingredients (see photo). The only observation was the burnt sections on the bottom of the pizza (see photo) that transferred onto the plate. I may be out of line for this comment, but I am not accustomed to seeing this. A plus is the open area to watch the preparation and pizza being cooked in the wood fired oven.

1  Thank VinnytheChin
Tony N, Owner at Crush Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2015

Hi Vinny, Thanks for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed our fresh ingredients and were impressed with our customer service. Our pizza is created in the Neapolitan tradition -- it's cooked in a wood-fired oven very quickly, which is why the crust is slighlty charred in sections. We find that it adds to the flavor of the pizza; however, we're sorry that it was not to your liking! We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will stop by again! Best, Tony Naser (Chef / Owner)

Reviewed 8 December 2014

Saturday, 12/6/14 my wife & I went out for pizza and salad. We decided to go up to Nashua, to Crush Pizza. We had been there before, perhaps a year ago, and met the owner who was very charming and had an interesting story to share regarding opening Crush Pizza in Nashua. At the time they were fairly new to the area and was trying to build the business one customer at a time so to speak. The restaurant was small with 12-15 tables and a couple of waitresses. It also had a tiny bar that sat about six people. We enjoy sitting at the bar and socializing with others and the bar tender. The atmosphere is not suited for a restaurant. It's more like a take out pizza place. But the pizza this first visit was excellent and cooked within 90 minutes of ordering. Service was excellent. But, last Saturday was different. The bar is gone as well as menus and waitresses. They must have decided to cut expenses and focus more on take out business. Now you must order at the counter from the menu displayed over the prep area behind the counter. Similar to McDonalds. They don't have bottled beer but have about six choices of draft beer and a small number of wines are available to go along with the usual soft drinks. My wife ordered a small pepperoni pizza. I ordered a large Greco salad with a small order of Limoncello wings. The salad was good not great and the wings were average at best. The pizza was ordinary nothing unusual. Overall we both were disappointed. After our first visit we had higher expectations. We won't be back. There are too many really nice pizza parlors in the area that are much more comfortable to sit, and enjoy pizza with a couple of beers or wine and some conversation.

1  Thank PAUL C
Reviewed 12 November 2014

Pizzas were cooked very quickly in a brick oven and were delicious. As we were visiting around Halloween we sampled a pumpkin pizza. It was good, but not as nice as the conventional pizzas. Staff friendly.

2  Thank Janice W
Tony N, Owner at Crush Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2014

Thanks for the great review, Janice! We're glad that you appreciate our pizza and staff. Hope to see you again soon! Best, Tony Naser (Chef / Owner)

Reviewed 9 November 2014 via mobile

Summary: use to be better...terrible service...false advertising. ..food is ok but not as good as it once was

We have been stopping in on this restaurant since it first opened. ..it was originally waiter service with amazing pizzas...loaded toppings! Then they switched to counter service which we were not fans of but the owner/ management told us it was because they were too busy for the sit down service style.

On our latest visit...we walked into an empty place...on a Friday night at 6:00...we ordered two specialty pizzas and the chef asked me if I wanted any toppings on it...hmm clearly they know the menu....then when I asked for a beer which they had clear taps and signs everywhere for I was told they cannot serve beer "at this time". I should also mention they had signs everywhere for made fresh daily Gelato and a huge case...empty...zero gelato....how lazy do you have to be to remove your signs? Once we got to the register to pay we had a wait for the cashier to find previous customers since no one actually wrote down their toppings order and then a to go order went wrong and more drama between the staff continued. Our pizza ended up coming out correct but with far less toppings than the crush we had been to before...and we were not given any plates or napkins for our eat in order. Sad to say we will not be going back to our once favorite and I have recinded a recommendation to a coworker to check this place out.

Hello Ldc6, I’m disappointed to hear about your experience. I apologize about the service that you received and I will certainly speak to my team about this. I’m sorry that you think our pizza has changed; however, we have not altered our pizza recipes since we first opened. We do create our own fresh gelato; however, it is a seasonal item for the spring and summer. We decided to switch to counter service to align with our new concept in our Boston location – we find that it lets us serve our guests more efficiently. We are sorry that you weren’t able to enjoy a beer – the issue is currently out of our hands; however, we are working to get the issue resolved as quickly as possible. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Best, Tony Naser (Chef / Owner)

Reviewed 15 October 2014

I've been to this place twice already for lunch, and I'm thinking of making this a weekly thing. The ingredients are fresh, the dough is baked just right in their 900 degrees wood-fired oven, and the best part is that in only takes 90 minutes for a personal pizza to be ready. They have various choices for toppings and pizza sauces, including margarita, pesto, BBQ, and their white pizza. Just one word for you, BRAVO!

Tony N, Owner at Crush Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2014

Wow, what a great review, EndyBOSTON! We're thrilled to hear you find our pizza so tasty. We take a lot of pride in our pizza, so your feedback means a lot. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Best, Tony Naser (Chef / Owner)