“Monthly Dinner w/ Friend”

Mollys Tavern & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in New Boston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We come here once a month to reconnect as friends. We love apps for dinner with a Peach/Mango Mule to drink. Ambience is fabulous! Waitstaff is terrific. Love this place!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

3 of us went out on a Thursday evening for a girls night out.We arrived to a pretty empty restaurant and were led to a table right next to a large family with small children. Really? I'm not here to make it easy for the waitstaff. We wanted to gab and gossip and asked for different seats. No problem...till I had gone online to look at the menu ahead of time and had decided on a dinner and specialty drink choice only to find out the menu I had been looking at was for the previous incarnation of Molly's. It had changed hands awhile back but the old menu still comes up online. My choices were not available! Boo! I ended up ordering one of their highlighted meals call the Nest. It's featured in it's own little box and sounded intriguing. The presentation was actually quite unattractive but if it tastes good who cares! Unfortunately it was a very odd combination of flavors, the chicken was overcooked and it was lacking any sauce to pull it together. When the waitress asked about how our dinners were I expressed my disappointment and at her suggestion picked out something different. I ordered the Caprese wrap, which came cut into two pieces.with a bunch of fries.While it had potential, all the sauce was in one half and the rest was pretty bland. We did order fried pickles as an appetizer which were quite good and packed a little kick. We also ordered a big piece of carrot cake and 3 forks and it was quite good! My friends were happier with their meals than I, one had the coconut shrimp and the other haddock .In the end though we all agreed that it was a bit overpriced and nothing to go out of our way for again. Sorry Molly's you need work.

2  Thank Domigirl
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Really comfortable atmosphere. Food and staff were great. When we’re on the motorcycle in the summer, we like to stop for lunch.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Thanks to Robin and the rest of the bar staff in the tavern for a nice leisurely experience in the tavern our recent trip through New Boston on a Sunday afternoon. It might be helpful to check the hours for the main restaurant if that's where you're plans take you as they don't open before 3:00 pm on the weekends but the tavern offers a full menu starting at 11:00 am. They have a good selection of wine, beer and cocktails and we shared a couple delicious appetizers.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

This is just what this area needs… They have really knocked it out of the park with the new bar area and food selection.