“Loved the $1 tacos and refried beans.”
Review of La Cabana - CLOSED

La Cabana
Reviewed 6 November 2016

Several of our family members were taking a tour of the beautiful "rural" areas of New Hampshire and Massachusetts. My son was doing the driving and we sort of meandered about. We got hungry by late noon, and by coincidence came across La Cabana. I generally don't choose Mexican food when eating out; but my son, daughters and husbands, and my wife all like it. I ended up ordering three $1 hard-shelled tacos (special that day) and re-fried beans for a side. Normally, I avoid ordering hard-shelled tacos because they break apart on my first bite. However, these tacos were quite good! I wish I could get them for that price a few times a week where I live. The beans were hot, flavorful, and really made a nice side. All of were very pleased with the overall value, quality, and service; each member of our party ordered a different meal; none were disappointed. We may never get to eat there again, only because we were on a meandering journey that would be impossible to replicate. There were almost no other customers in there, but that was because it was an "off" time of the year for wandering dudes like us to make a stop. The waitress was prompt and friendly.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Food was excellent. Margaritas were great. Service was top notch. Atmosphere was casual. Had a table overlooking the river. They have been here a year,why didn't we find this gem sooner!

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Visited here with my good friend. The service was awful and awfully slow. It took forever to get water and drinks, same with an appetizer order and the actual app. Food came out cold. Not warm.. Cold! There was a long black hair in my water. Gross. Too bad because the menu was great and the food had potential.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Service nice enough. Tables pretty basic. One thing I don't like are these plastic menus. Always are greasy with food globs stuck on them. Yuck. Drink was decent enough. Chips cold and greasy. Food very bland. Not much flavor. Maybe that is how the people like it in New England. Outside had a decent patio. Might be nice to sit on if you don't mind very average food.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

I like to go there for convenience and often have good food but the service and food is varied. Sometimes service is very slow and unpredictable and same with the food. Always seems to be made differently? Wondering if they have two different chefs?