Twin Tamarack Family Camping
Steele Hill Resorts(Sanbornton)(Great Value!)
US$129
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn(Ashland)
US$113
US$86
ComfortInn
White Oak Motel & Cottages(Holderness)(Great Value!)
US$109
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Lake Winnipesaukee Motel(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Grand View Motel and Cottages(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$134
Travelocity
Weirs Beach Motel and Cottages(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
US$127
Half Moon Motel & Cottages(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
US$95
Lazy E Motor Inn(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
US$112
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Last minute trip and we were lucky to rent a cabin here for 3 nights. Staff was very friendly and this is a nice campground. They have a pool and kids playground as well as a pavillion that had a DJ on Sat. night, which was fun. Our cabin had 2 rooms, one with 2 sets of bunkbeds and the other with a queen size bed. Front porch with a swing and a chair and we even had our own porta-potty! Bathrooms were very clean and spacious with free hot showers. This campground is also dog friendly and our pup had a ball swimming in the lake. We really enjoyed our stay and will be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ellenloveellen
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Please look for another place to stay. I dislike writing bad reviews (this is my first), but I want to save you the ugliness we encountered throughout our weekend stay. A couple of the staff (and the owner, himself!) proved to be rude, unprofessional and mean-spirited. Unfortunately, it was not an isolated event, and it was not toward just one member of our large group. My strong recommendation is to look for another place to camp.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
12  Thank jeanneinnh
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Stayed there 8 days during bike week 2012. VERY NICE there and reasonable pricing! Plan on staying there again! And its not far from Weirs beach! Owners are very friendly ! We had no problems there! We even unloaded our Harley there with no problem, it was the perfect place for us and it was quiet at night!

Room Tip: I stayed on a campsite for a Rv. Sites near # 74 are shaded and a little secluded yet not real far from the main rd.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Deborah E
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We just bought our camper and have been visiting different camp grounds before we settle on a seasonal location. This is definitely not the location I would choose or recommend.
The place is aweful, the staff is unwelcoming and the sites are inadequate on space and privacy.
No welcome package provided, no rules given, no activities announced. We were charged for our visit, given a map and sent on our way in the dark.
All summer we have camped at different places and this is by far the worst of all as far as cleanliness, friendliness and convenience.

• Stayed: September 2012
15  Thank unicornqueen70
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Overall we had a very nice stay at the Twin Tamarack. We were two families traveling together (4 adults; 5 children) and were happy that they accomodated our request to have our sites next to each other. We were originally disappointed with the sites -- they seemed very small and the ground was rocky. We almost went to the front desk to request new ones. And then we realized that we were the only two sites (167, 168) on this particular "road", and across from us was a huge rock that the kids immediately started climbing on. So we decided to stay, and in the end, realized the location of our sites could not have been more perfect for our party. The bathrooms are very clean. I appreciated that they put us near (but not too close) to the bathhouse. In fact, I found it very thoughtful that when I spoke with Lori while making the reservation, she asked if we needed to be close to a bathroom due to the age of our children.

The amenities were fine. The pool was very clean; they have a a nice playscape, and I saw lots of teenagers taking advantage of the "rec hall" which is actually within the office. Although, our kids mentioned that the arcade games were a bit dated.

I was not very impressed with the staff. When I called to make the reservation, Lori was great. Energetic, nice, helpful . . . and then we arrived and the woman manning the front desk was not very pleasant and actually a bit rude. For instance, when we checked in, I paid for 2 bags of ice as did the other family checking in with us. Since I finished checking in first, I grabbed 4 bags of ice, and this woman nearly stormed out the door and questioned me for taking 4 of them. Just a bad first impression. But we did not deal with the staff again really until checkout, and that went fine.

Would I return to the Twin Tamarack -- maybe. I don't have any other campgrounds in NH to compare it to and not sure it's the best one out there. But overall, we had a very good experience and I would recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family