The Yankee Clipper Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites North Conway(North Conway)(Great Value!)
US$95
ComfortInn
North Conway Grand Hotel(North Conway)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$116
Colonial Motel(North Conway)(Great Value!)
US$73
White Trellis Motel(North Conway)
US$79
US$69
Holiday Inn Express North Conway(North Conway)(Great Value!)
US$89
Green Granite Inn & Conference Center(North Conway)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$65
Agoda.com
Residence Inn North Conway(North Conway)(Great Value!)
US$107
White Mountain Hotel and Resort(North Conway)(Great Value!)
US$139
Agoda.com
US$145
Hotels.com
Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway(North Conway)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$98
Hotels.com
All reviewsblueberry muffinsattached restauranthot tubfree breakfastenjoyed the indoor pooldesk staffnight staybed was comfortablewhite mountain highwaythe room was niceski triplocation is greatcouponoutletsdryerpetwinter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Stayed one Saturday night during October during prime leaf peeping season. Hotel is old but very well maintained. Bed was very comfortable. Walk out sliding doors to the lawn in most first floor rooms. Indoor pool and hot tub. Attached restaurant open for breakfast and lunch only. Many restaurants within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: Get a room not facing the road.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2016

Hotel is located on main road through North Conway. Opposite is a McDonalds and other shops like a supermarket are only a very short drive away.
I had a very large room with a good sized bathroom (bath with shower over). There was a table to use a laptop at with a couple of chairs. The bed was comfortable.
Free coffee is available for guests down at reception.
My tariff included a free breakfast of eggs, toast and coffee: a wider selection is available at extra cost.
Reception staff are really welcoming and so helpful in giving travellers tips on activities to do.
Some of the interior fittings in the room are looking a little tired.

Room Tip: At the back will be further from traffic on main road.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
kristin750, Front Office Manager at The Yankee Clipper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2016

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We strive to make our guests happy and comfortable. We appreciate you taking the time to say your kind words and we hope next time you visit the area you stay at The Yankee Clipper.

Kristin

Reviewed 18 October 2016

The rooms were old, outdated, and tight but that isn't even my complaint. I am very easy going and never write reviews but was astonished by the unprovoked rude attitude/behavior of the staff. My friend and I both paid the $40 fees for our dogs. They are both very well potty trained and neither one has ever urinated inside in their adult lives. After checking out we were charged a $200 fine for supposed urine stains in the carpet. The dogs slept in the beds with us and never got up throughout the night and we never left them in the room alone. I did have a cooler that leaked a little water which is the wet spot I assume they mistook for urine. When I calmly and politely asked where the stain was, the woman quickly became rude, defensive, and very unprofessional and refused to give me any info. They said they had to charge the fine because they were unable to rent the room for the night. However, they were only at approximately 25-50% capacity from what I could see by people around and cars in the parking lot. Looks like we got scammed by a shady first rate motel. I just don't want anyone else to suckered like we did. Good luck

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank Matt B
YClipper, Front Office Manager at The Yankee Clipper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

Hello Matt,

We are sorry you are so unhappy with The Yankee Clipper. We have all of our guests sign a pet waiver when they bring a pet saying that if there is any damage to the room than they will be charged a $200 fee. When our house keeping staff opened the door of the room that you stayed in the smell of dog urine was very strong, there were wet spots on the carpet (you say from a cooler). Because of the urine odor we had to call a carpet cleaner to come clean the carpet which cost us $175.00 and we also couldn't rent the room on a busy Friday night. I spoke directly with the person who rented the room (which wasn't you), when she called I had just come on to my shift and told her I would find out what the charge was for and I would call her back. Between the 2 of your I got 6 phone calls that night. I got some of the information and called her back and told her why she was charged the $200 fee. She had more questions that I couldn't answer so I told her that I would call her the next day whey I talked to my maintenance person and our head house keeper. Before I could come in for my next shift she called twice to try to talk to other people, she was told I was in at 3:00 and would return her call then. When I came in for my next shift she called immediately an I gave her all the information I had for her and everything was settled. I'm not off the phone 5 minutes and you call, I tell you that you need to call the person who had rented the room and find out the end result from her. I told you that I wasn't going to speak to you because you were not the person who rented the room or who was getting charged for the pet fee. You started yelling at me on the phone, I refused to listen to it and hung up the phone. You immediately called me back yelling again that you were going to write a bed review and saying other derogatory things, again I had to hang up the phone on you.

We work very hard here at The Yankee Clipper to keep our guests happy. We are sorry that you feel you got scammed but the truth is the pets in the room urinated on the carpet which was apparent by the smell and in order to be able to rent the room to anyone else we had to have the carpets cleaned.

Kristin

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Well located for exploring White Mountains and the general area. The check in was quick and easy and the room clean and tidy. Could use some modernisation and newer mattresses also the wifi was mind bending slow but in general it's perfectly ok as a base.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
kristin750, Front Office Manager at The Yankee Clipper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2016

Thank you for choosing The Yankee Clipper. We appreciate your feed back, we try very hard to make our guests happy.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

It was a clean room but the beds were terrible--ok I guess if you like a slingshot mattress. I like I firm one and this one just did not fill the bill. the bathroom was clean and there was a hair dryer but no iron if you needed it. I would not stay there again and [pay those prices for what I got.

Room Tip: first floor
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple