“Not bad, but it'll be better”
Review of Airfield Cafe

Airfield Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 January 2018

We ate here on New Year's Eve and it was packed. A couple other diners around were closed for the week, so they were getting the overflow. One room which is probably good for the most part, but not when it's busy. They have plans to expand which will be worth seeing when it's done. They did have plenty of waitstaff on hand, so no scrimping there.

We had stuffed waffles and they didn't scrimp there either. We were offered real maple syrup which we took, but then realized that would be an additional cost. That wasn't mentioned. Very tasty, and it did come from the kitchen quick enough.

We'll go back after the renovations to check it out and re-review.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

We went here for Breakfast with 4 in our party. We actually waited 25 minutes for a table. We got seated outdoors which was fine. It took the waitress about 15 minutes to come to our table with menus, we had been seated with none. We asked for coffee when she came over (she had arrived with no coffee cups during Breakfast time) She came back and took our order, still no coffee! We reminded her we wanted coffee. It took us getting up and going inside and asking for coffee to get coffee. We received our meals after waiting 25 to 30 minutes. My omelet was wrong, it was some sort of feta cheese & spinach, I ordered a western. My sons pancakes had no syrup and no chocolate bits in them, and he had ordered a side of bacon which never came. My other son ordered scrambled eggs and sausage his came fried with a ham slice and no toast. My husbands was correct but he said it was cold and awful. When the waitress came back and asked how it was I said Wrong! and she gave us a thumbs up smiled and walked away. We hollered CAN WE GET MORE COFFEE as she exited. We got no more coffee, but the bill was slapped down 3 minutes later and she said she could take that when we are ready. We got charged for all the correct ordered items, that we had not received. I pulled out my phone and calculated up what we had received for food items and left the exact amount on the table with a scribbled note saying we had not received the correct order so we paid only for the items we received and I only paid for one cup of coffee since the menu stated the price was for coffee and free refills. We got no free refills! I left NO TIP! I have never been so disgusted with service, food or lack of service before and I always pay my bill with a 15% to 20% tip. Not on this Day! I would recommend NOT going to the place ever!

3  Thank BeenMom
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Always good comfort food whether it is breakfast or lunch. Great hashbrowns with breakfast meals, awesome pancakes, everything breakfast is great. Love the Rueben sandwich and their wraps for lunch, plus good onion rings and fries. Outside seating in warm weather and chance to watch aircraft take off or land. They are currently in process of building new restaurant next to current location. Definitely recommend if you want wholesome and reasonably priced food.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Excellent food delivered by friendly and competent staff who provided great service and accurate advice. Highly recommend but a little hard to find becsuse it is off Route 1. Look for the signs near the Harley Davidson building.

1  Thank Andrew R
Reviewed 8 November 2017

The eggs were cooked exactly as I like them. The portions are large. Extensive menu and breakfast served all day. We will head there again!