“Old time lobster joint”
Review of Al's Seafood

Al's Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 26 June 2018

best lobster in the rough place in the seacoast of North Hampton. Counter service and a fresh seafood display as well. Food is fresh and price very competitively.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Our first time in Hampton, we needed a lunch to keep us happy on the way to mid coast Maine. A lobster dinner was $19. I had a lobster dinner on Deer Isle 25 years ago and it cost $13, so that seemed pretty fantastic to me. And it was fresh and delicious. The place reminded me of those no frills shacks in Maine and all the better for it. My partner had the haddock dinner, and again it was soft, full of flesh and very fresh. Sadly we can only afford frozen lobster in our town in the UK: this meal will spoil us for that ever more.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I live in town and often eat here with family or alone at lunch (I work remotely from home and like a change of scene). Also get takeout for dinner. Great seafood. We like the fried clams and scallops, but they also serve baked and broiled meals. Dry good clam chowder. Like the option of one or two pounds of steamers as perfect for a light lunch. They also have landlubber options. Counter service. You order your food and drink (soft drinks or beer or wine) and they bring it to you in the dining room. Booths and table and a gas fireplace which is nice in the off-season. I think they are a bit more reasonable than other similar places as they are a bit more inland on route 1 and not at the beach. Also have a market to buy seafood to cook.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Best seafood we have had on this coast. I had the crab roll and Mac and cheese and clam chowder, my husband had the lobster roll and fries and clam chowder. It was all perfect! I can't wait to return!!!!!

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

The food was outstanding. Prices were reasonable. This is a cafeteria style restaurant. The atmosphere was pleasant and relaxed. Great for a family.

Been to Al's Seafood? Share your experiences!