“Soup and Salad in Old Brick Structure”

Nature's Green Grocer Market & Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Sushi, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 1 April 2018

After moving from Northern Virginia to Surry in Southwestern New Hampshire in June 2017, my wife and I decided to explore Peterborough’s restaurant scene. This one seemed to fit our style. Located in West Peterborough along Nubanusit Brook in an old, old brick building, I speculate that the building was once home to one of the many mills or factories founded here in the 18th Century.

We wanted a tasty, nutritional soup and salad lunch, and we found it. Their four homemade soups are changed regularly. I had chili, and my wife had red pepper cheddar. We both had organic salads and ginger beers. The soups were among the best that we had ever tasted. These creations reflect well of owner, Joel, trained as a chef. This location is the largest full service, natural food grocer in the Monadnock Region.

Bring your salads and drinks to the checkout counter, place any sandwich/wrap orders, and pick up soup bowls and serve yourself. About eight tables were inside and more were outside, weather permitting. The atmosphere was causal and relaxing, a place often frequented by local writers and artists.

This meal was a wonderful experience, and we even bought a few groceries.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

This shop is a quarter mile from my office, and they have nice breakfasts and lunches, plus organic groceries. Bulk spices and grains and beans. It's a really sweet place and we're lucky to have it, we find a reason to go most days. The people are very nice and friendly. If the weather is good, sit out on the porch over the river. It's very pleasant.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Chose this place for lunch after reading prior Trip Advisor reviews. A local version of a Whole Foods Market cafe. Service was good, as were the sandwich and salad my wife and I ordered. Ate outside on the terrace adjoining a stream. Very relaxingl.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Great spot for all foods organic and a quick healthy lunch. Wonderful eclectic menu that changes daily and features only freshest ingredients.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

The owner is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America. When he is around, usually at holiday time, he offers great ideas off the cuff. The tasty deli has vegan and GF offerings. I eat here just to get inspired with my own cooking. They have reduced the sushi offerings to weekends. Bummer for me. Only sushi worth buying at a market in Southern NH. No corn syrup.