US$219
QualityInn
US$170
AscendHotels
US$140
Fairfield Inn Portsmouth Seacoast(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$184
US$159
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$188/night.

Ale House Inn(Portsmouth)
US$229
US$159
US$154
Orbitz.com
US$204
1,393 results
All reviewsvalet parkinggreat locationfront deskwithin walking distancebreakfast buffethotel is centrally locatedstreet parkingvalet servicerestaurants and shopscookiesper daypool and hot tubgreat place to stayvery nice hotelwould definitely stay here againnew englandmarket square
Reviewed 20 April 2018

I stayed here on a recent business trip and had a great experience. I arrived here around mid morning after a very early flight and drive to Portsmouth. The front desk was able to get me a room right away so I could relax for the afternoon before my meeting. Beautiful, comfortable, and spacious room was a welcome sight. Very comfortable bed, clean all around. Staff were friendly and helpful. Nice bar and restaurant on premises with nice lounge area in the lobby. I didn't have a chance to use the pool or fitness center. Perfect location with lots do do/places to eat and shop within walking distance. Valet parking was also a plus. Here's my only 2 critiques: the alarm clock in my room wasn't set right and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I used the alarm on my phone instead. The other critique was with the valet because they would bring cars to the entrance and then take the keys out if the owner wasn't right there the minute the car came up. All in all, it's a fantastic place to stay when in Portsmouth. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Joshua S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am happy to see you enjoyed our location and staff. I appreciate the critiques so we can continue to improve in these areas. I hope to see you back with us again!

Reviewed 17 April 2018

No parking other then Valet parking for 28$. I used grage across the street. It cost me 28$ after i saw how they parked the Valet car's i was glade i used the grage. Other then that it was a good time and room 410 has a good view.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Joshua S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thanks for the kind review and rating! Sorry about the parking rates. We hope to see you back with us again.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

I am a Hilton Diamond traveler, so I stay at their properties a lot. I have never had an issue like this, especially when I had taken the time to call in advance to check into my room. I did not use their application for early check in this time, because the floor that I wanted was not showing up in the application. I called 24 hour in advance and was told that I could have a room on on the 5th floor with a view of the water, if I took a smaller room. I said that I would take this room, as long as it was not near the elevators, which is also called out in my Hilton profile. I was told that I would have room 53x (I dont remember exactly which one). When I arrived, I was given room 529, right on top of the elevators. I went to the front desk a was met by a young service agent that was not able to do anything other than tell me he did not know what happened and they are fully booked. I asked to speak to a manager and he said that there was not a manager on site. He then said that he found a similar room with a view on the 4th floor. He also offered me a free drink, which I refused. Upon check in to the new room, it was on the 4th floor, the smaller size, and it had a wonderful view of a parking garage. I think the desk agent did this on purpose, because he was annoyed by my complaint. I called the front desk and asked for the manager to call me, and they never did. This may be enough for me to move my loyalty to Starwood, as they seem to treat their best customers much better. One other wonderful feature of this hotel...I have two cars and they are charging me $56 / day to park! DO NOT STAY AT THI HOTEL, IT IS ENTIRELY MISMANAGED.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Joshua S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Good morning!

I am sorry for the issues experienced. I know you spoke with Wes our Front Office Supervisor yesterday about the issues had. I hope they were resolved for you. We physically do not have ocean view rooms and I am confident the desk agent was trying to assist you vs, placing you in a room you would not like on purpose. As you can see from our guest satisfaction scores we pride ourselves with guest satisfaction and problem resolution. Wes or Nate hope to reach you again before departing today to further assist you if need be. Please ask for them before departing. We again apologize. We hope that you may reconsider your ranking with us, for we are trying to assist you here. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

This is my favorite hotel in Portsmouth
Great location and staff wonderful
The breakfast is a great value and a lobby that is relaxing and cozy for those who don’t like being in their room
You can walk everywhere in Portsmouth and just park your car and enjoy walking through the shops and the harbor.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Joshua S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for the 5 star review! I appreciate the kind words about our location, staff, and breakfast! I look forward to your return!

Reviewed 11 April 2018

No bathtub in the room. Hottub could use some TLC. The pool was nice. The gym was clean and tidy. The staff was very nice and helpful. Lots to do within walking distance. The room was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the kind review and feedback! I appreciate the information and hope to see you back with us again! We do have rooms with bathtubs. Next visit please let us know your request so we can make it happen!