Woodbound Inn
US$200
US$107
Hotels.com
US$107
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel(Keene)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$101
US$72
All reviewsnew englandfamily eventbath towelswi fiincluded breakfastprivate beachxc skiingcabinlakewoodsfireplacerudynhcouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2016

The Woodbound is a wonderful property and staffed by even more amazing people! My friend and I stayed here for a night before a camping trip at Mount Monadnock for the Perseides meteor showers. Upon arriving we found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful, arranging for kayak rentals even though we were near the end of the day for renting. The Inn's owner; Rudy, was very hands on and was there to assist us in anything we needed.
The suite we had in the Lodge building was beautiful and charming, a modern (and newly refurbished) and classy feel to a rustic setting. Equally impressive was The Grove restaurant, a beautiful space with an excellent menu (the included breakfast was also great!).
Perhaps the most impressive part of the Woodbound Inn was the care and friendly help Rudy and the staff provided to us several days later when severe thunderstorms abruptly ended our camping trip at nearby Monadnock. Despite having spent the entire day catering to a wedding, with another wedding to follow the next day, Rudy and his staff found us a room at 10PM, and even reopened the kitchen for my rained out friends and I to get something to eat!
We really can not say enough good things about the space and staff at the Woodbound Inn. They truly gave us "Shelter from the Storm"!!!

Room Tip: The Lodge has larger spaces than the "hotel-style" rooms, but all were clean, refurbished and comfortable!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2016

My husband and I went to the Woodbound INN for a wedding I was in. We have never been there before and to get there the signs were not the best to find it. When we got to the Inn it looked outdated and not great looking from the outside. When we got inside the main door slammed behind us and the receptionist was on her personal phone before waiting on customers. I asked to check in early for a wedding I was in and was told it would be additional price, ok fine. When we got to our cabin it had a musty smell and not too clean. It had cobwebs every where and the bed was very hard and uncomfortable it had springs poking out of it. The tub was dirty and paint coming off with tons of cobwebs in the shower. There was dirt on the floors like they have no cleaned in days.

We spent good money to stay there one night. We understand Rustic but can at least have a comfortable bed and not cobwebs every where, and have something to bring out the musty smell.

We loved the beach area and the food for the wedding was great, just a little disappointed in the cabin.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank TMR_PJR2016
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Following an event during a four class reunion, two dozen from our class ('65) traveled to a private room at the restaurant for dinner and memories among ourselves. Well set up, privacy insured, wait staff readily available, and we were given time to relax before and after the meal. Pub food plus other such as fried clams and lobster rolls available. The staff assigned to us were helpful, playful, and added to the fun with comments. Would be good place for a family gathering or a business meeting.

Room Tip: Did not stay here, just did dinner with friends.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2016

Stayed in one of the lakeside cabins at the Woodbound for a wedding and was very disappointed in the quality of the accommodations. The cabins are advertised as being rustic and off the grid. I was perfectly content with not having television or a telephone in the cabin and even accepted that there would be no frills. I was not content with the number of cobwebs and spiders that pervaded the cabin, the broken window that was patched with packing tape, the musty smell from not airing out the cabin, the bathroom with mold on the ceiling, and the bed that was hard as a rock with the bottom falling out.

The main lodge appeared much nicer and the banquet facilities were comfortable. The food was ok, a little cold, but given it was a large wedding, I was not surprised. Breakfast the next morning was complimentary and there was no staff to direct the process. My husband asked for a piece of toast and was told that they only had french toast, but he could come back at 10:30 for brunch and he could get regular toast. Really? It's a piece of bread. Did not stick around to engage in any other activities, although I will give them this, the beach was nice and the water beautiful. I'm thankful that I had such a great time at the wedding that it allowed me to look past some of the pathetic aspects of this Inn.

Room Tip: Avoid the cabins!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sweet101009
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Our family goes to Rindge every Father's Day. This was our fourth year. We always go for the Sunday brunch . Our gang of 12 all find the food varied and well prepared. The wait staff is very efficient. I do miss the bacon wrapped scallops. We'll return again next year.
We did not stay at the Inn and the Sunday brunch is the only meal we go there for.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family